Web Community Manager (Websites)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Display last edit date and editor in gallery and other places so changes can be tracked and mistakes can be addressed with the editor

I need to be able to see who changed what and when, for accountability / training purposes.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Photo Gallery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Randomize Photo Order in Photo Gallery

Provide an option to Randomize the order in which photos in the Smooth Transitions (or any) Photo Gallery are presented so when an end user visits the Photo Gallery, they don't always see the same first photo. We use the Smooth Transitions Photo Gallery on our district's homepage and it would be nice to not always see the same photo every time you visit the homepage (if one doesn't stay on the page long enough, they never see the other photos in the gallery unless they click through them).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Slideshow: SEND DELETED GALLERY ITEMS TO RECYCLE BIN!

Since the picture thumbs are SO SMALL and there are NO DATES listed in the file Gallery List, I have accidentally deleted pics that are NOT RECOVERABLE.

Please add creation/modify dates, hover over for a larger thumb, and send deleted pics to a recycle bin where they can be recovered if deleted in error.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Replace a photo in the photo gallery and keeping the other attributes in place such as the Photo Title, Caption & Web Address.

The ability to just swap out a photo with another photo. Everything else stays the same.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. photo editing needed in Photo Gallery

Since the recent change in photo gallery, posting images and editing them to the right size is not possible within your sight. I require a third-party interface to edit the size of photos (915x1500) to match your requirements.
    If your interface is limited in the size of images we're supposed to upload, it would be extremely beneficial to the client to be able to at least crop or resize directly from the photo gallery app like we used to be able to.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Photo Gallery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow more than 50 images to be uploaded

Please allow more than 50 images to be uploaded at a time. Most of my photo galleries contain more than 50 images. This makes my job much more tedious. Please... This is what a cms is for to make life easier not harder.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Photo Gallery Centering

Sometime I cannot center align a Photo Gallery using the center align button. Perhaps adding an alignment option in Photo Gallery Options would help. Thanks!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. photo gallery app auto fit

why the need to size each gallery using pixels as dimensions? Pictures should auto fit/auto snap into place considering the boundaries around it. This way, one photogalley app can be used on multiple layouts instead of making a new one, per layout, every time. this would also address the "you cannot re size after pictures have been uploaded" which seems backwards anyway.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Photo Gallery Fixes Needed

We are a school that posts a large number of photos of things like sporting events. For the photo gallery to be of any use it needs:
    1) Allow viewers to look at large numbers of index photos at once so they can pick the ones they want to view
    2) Allow viewers to right click and save the photo they are viewing so they can save a personal copy
    3) Allow social media integration of a specific photo or gallery to drive traffic.
    4) Allow upload of larger number of files at one time. An upper limit of 100…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Large Slideshow / Photo Gallery Sort By Date

Sort the photos by when they were uploaded, so that the newest photo lands at the top, and is the first to display on the live webpage.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Photo Gallery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Photo Gallery App Options

Please add the following basic app options to the Photo Gallery app:
    (1) The "Active" button so you can quickly turn on/off what photos are displayed in the slideshow.
    (2) The ability to set a duration time for each photo
    (3) The ability to upload Existing Files (photos) from Files and Folders - currently you can only upload from your computer

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Photo Gallery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add an expiration or take down date in the Rotating Images Section.

Add an expiration or take down date in the Rotating Images Section.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. YES! Auto fit pics please... also when adjusting and saving a pic. to view on website, no way to revert back to original pic. that I know.

When giving a picture a border and you save to be able to view in website view, there is no way that I have found to go back to original downloaded pic. once pic with border is saved. I deleted pic and had to start over!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. devise a way to delete photos off photo gallery app all at once.

There should be a way to delete photos from the photo gallery all at once instead of one at a time. This is EXTREMELY time consuming when we post 50 pics each week and have to delete each one separately before adding the next weeks photos.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Remove the VISIBLE title from a Photo Gallery image

Remove the VISIBLE title from a Photo Gallery image.

Once published, the bottom of the image has an overlay with the image's title that I would like to be able to toggle on or off. Nine times out of ten, I would leave it off, but I can forsee times that I might use it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add "When will this item be displayed" option to photo gallery

We frequently use the main photo gallery on our school websites to display news. It would be great to be able to schedule these news items like we do for headlines

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Text box position for at least MAIN IMAGES should have alternate placement options! It's almost always over people's faces!

We would like to be able to change the placement of the text box for the main images. At LEAST TWO options, top or bottom, or even top left, bottom left, top right, bottom right. So many times, the title goes right over people's faces. It depends on the resolution, I know, but cycle through these and you'll see what I mean:

https://www.danville.k12.pa.us/site/Default.aspx?PageID=385

Or even just to move it to near the bottom as a default! The bottom is usually not an important part of the image, but the part where you've set the default to for the title usually…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Move photos

Move Pics from one Gallery to another Gallery. i run pictures on the home page. After a while, I want to move them off and relocate them to a page in a channel. As it stands now, I have to delete and re-add (labor intensive).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. make changes to 'Adj Photo' in Rotator Gallery-the change this year doesn't allow for up/down adjustments the previous software allowed for.

previous software allowed the user to 'raise' photo up and down to place photo in an optimum spot, but new 'adjustments can only 'bring photo in/closer'.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Photo Gallery image Description

Need a better way of showing the image description within the photo gallery. The i on the top right is so small and most people don't even know what it is let alone know to click on it to get the description. You should allow us the options of having a description show up under the image describing each picture. It would be more professional and easier to use. Very disappointed in this feature you need to improve!! Blackboard needs to step it up!!!! Please make it better.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base