Web Community Manager (Websites)

My suggestion is...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enlarge Smooth Transitions B and C regions by a few pixels

The B and C regions of the Smooth Transitions template do not fit the Twitter embed code which has a minimum width well. Seems like a Twitter feed may be a commonly added item at many schools. Suggest enlarging the column widths by a few pixels so that the Twitter feed fits well in either column.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Templates & Styler  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please add a place for email to be added to our district homepage within the Collegiate Template.

There is no place under the school address to add our generic district email address. Only a place for the Fax. I went through support to fix the problem - but it was more than I could do on my own. It would be great if that was added to the template and spaced correctly so that we could just put in the email address and have it look as wonderful as the rest of the homepage. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Collapsable side navigation

The left navigation takes up a large portion of usable space on each page. Teachers have complained about not being able to use enough of their horizontal space due to the navigation bar. Th navigation is useful, but it would be ideal if it was collapsible for easier viewing of the pages.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Sandbox URL

I am working on a SW Sapphire Template refresh, however, the lack of a Sandbox URL or incubation URl makes it difficult for me to manage "going live" with the Template Refresh. As soon as I publish it, I than have to go & make sure all content lines up -- an incubation site would allow me to this before going live....many other Web providers take this approach

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Insight Template Left Nav Bar

The Insight Template left nav bar seems to be very wide. Is it possible to decrease the width of this column. On my pages, there is a great deal of dead space due to the extra width.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Sticky Text Over District Resources

We would like the option to allow sticky text when hovering over the District Resources button. We would like this text to show at all times instead of the text only displaying when hovering over it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Templates & Styler  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make iCal link present in mobile view

Request that iCal link be visible in the mobile break point. Mobile users might also want to subscribe to the calendars.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Pinnacle template - Create option to have background of site/subsite name and logo transparent

Pinnacle template - Create option to have background of site/subsite name and logo transparent. The block behind the logo and school name can be a color of the district's choice but many don't like the block because it interferes with the photo gallery too much. We were able to accomplish this for a district that saw it done on another districts site but the feature should really be built into the template options.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Background color behind text

We are going to miss the feature in flex editor app that allows you to create a text box and highlight the text. I have the option to highlight text but not create a box for a prettier look. Not sure if there is another option that could be utilized with the new HTLM5 code.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow error pages to be customized by schools and districts.

We wanted to add a custom error message directing individuals to our site map and/or include instructions for finding content. We feel a custom error page would provide an opportunity for us to get users acquainted with our site.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Get rid of or give us option to delete the new 'Skip to Main Content' bar at the top of Canopy template.

This looks wrong, because the text is always cut off, but the "Skip to Main Content' bar shows up now in our Canopy template, right after we bought it and installed. It is NOT pretty, doesn't serve any visible purpose and the text is cut off in every browser I have used. Please omit this dumb new feature or let us opt out of it; I really, really can't get why it would be functional or not annoying for any user on any level.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Channel drop down menu customization

Add option in channel settings to suppress the dropdown feature so that when a user click on the channel link, it goes to either the first section in the channel or to an intermediate channel directory. This can be accomplished now on a site level (meaning that changes are applied to ALL channels). It would be nice to have the ability to customize the behavior of each channel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Sunrise Template - Add an option to "hide" the caption circle

Would like to have a simple checkbox option to NOT display the big caption circle on every image of the home page photo gallery. In many cases, I just would like photos to scroll by - that big circle covers up faces and other info on the pictures.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Sunrise Template - Make Global Icons (Popular Links) more prominent in a mobile view.

When viewing from a smartphone, the global icons on the sunrise template are in the off canvas menu. From working with a few districts on this template I have found that it would be better is the icons were viewable right when one accesses the site instead of looking for the on the off canvas menu. Districts want their global icons to be seen all of the time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Template Configuration - Specify Set Defaults or Specific Site

Once a user is in the Template Configuration window, it's not obvious if the template being updated is for Set Defaults, the District, or a specific Subsite. It would be helpful if the window could display "Default Version" or "District" or "XYZ School" to clarify for the user which site any changes will be saved or published to.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Apply District Template Globally - Enhancement

If the CONFIGURE > Setting Systems Template option is checked to 'Apply District Template Globally' but 'Allow subsite directors to customize templates' is not checked, have the system prevent users from being able to modify and publish changes to the Template Configuration window at the school level under SITE & CHANNELS. For example the SITE & CHANNELS > school > settings > advanced tab > Change button could either be hidden or display a message when clicked indicating the template needs to be modified at the District template level.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Template - Last Published Date

For districts with multiple schools, it would be helpful if a Last Published Date would display that captures the name and date that the Site Director or Subsite Director last published a site specific design (SITE & CHANNELS > Site > Settings > Advanced tab is). Currently the Last Published Date that displays represents when the WCM Creative team updated the template itself instead of when the district last published updates.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sunrise Template - Add PhotoBucket as social icon

Add the option to enable a social icon for photo bucket

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Insight Template Underline feature in the side menu greys out options making them difficult to see

Option to remove underlining and grey out feature in the Insight template. Specifically for nested pages, they appear grayed out even more which is distracting to users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. For the Snapshot Template, can the Global icons on subpages always show

Currently you need to click an option to show the Global icons on subpages in the Snapshot template. Can we have a future option that allows the icons to always show on subpages in the template settings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Templates & Styler  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base