Web Community Manager (Websites)

My suggestion is...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ALLY - Align Sever, Major and Minor tabs to WCAG 2.0 A, AA and AAA levels.

We need to meet WCAG 2.0 AA and the ALLY labels don't help, in fact they confuse the priority level.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Ally  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Ally - Exclude expired content from accessibility scan.

Expired announcements/highlights/etc. don't display on the website, so they're is no need to track down and correct accessibility issues in that content. Including them in the accessibility report makes it difficult to discern what issues actually need attention.

3 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks Sergio – this recommendation makes total sense. We try to note a wide variety of “events” and communicate them to Ally, but this one may be a little unusual in that passing a date line may be a little more “passive.” I’ll explore with our development team and see what the potential for this is. If there is an urgent need to drop these items from the report making them inactive may do it (but I know that’s likely a lot of manual work) – Rich

• Ally - Visually display the location of actual accessibility error on page

When a page appears within my accessibility screen with errors as identified within WCAG 2.0 standards, it would be easier if the error was clearly identified as it is currently done with other accessibility tools on the market.

3 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello! First off, thanks for your feedback. Streamlining the process of finding and correcting a document is something we’ll be attacking in several stages throughout the year. We’ll start with making corrections for files more of a direct process via Ally for files such as PDFs (so you don’t even have to hunt for the page, app, or section).

In the second half of the year, we’ll be exploring ways to check content natively during creation, and seeing if there are ways we can zoom in on the context in the meantime. We’ll update our Ally users as a strategy for this begins to take shape. – Rich

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base