Web Community Manager (Websites)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Calendar Sync from Google to Blackboard for current month moving forward

Right now we have incomplete calendars on our Bb website. The sync feature is completely not functional as it is right now. We have many existing Google Calendars and once we sync them to the Bb site, they should at least sync everything from the current month and all dates moving forward. I have many screenshots and examples and more information in Case #02957817

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Headlines & Features app redirect

I'm currently using some code to make headlines redirect to a specific page on my website. I'd like the app to include this feature to make it easier to manage

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Apps/Modules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add 2 additional location fields to the staff directory

We have many staff members that split their day or week between multiple schools. With a Location 2 and Location 3 field in the staff directory. We can include staff members in multiple school staff directories and in the main directory if you search by location, the app would search all three fields for the location you choose.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Apps/Modules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. file library sort

It would be great to be able to sort the File Library A-Z and Z-A. I use dates, and need the latest date to appear at the top, not the bottom.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show original URL on error pages

Scenario: Someone runs across a dead, deactivated, or deleted page and contacts the school for help. You ask them to provide the URL to the page in question, and they send you this:

https://example.com/site/default.aspx?PageType=19
    or
    https://example.com/Errors/AccessDenied.aspx

There is no way to tell which URL is throwing an error because the platform redirects to these generic error message URLs. Trying to guide an end user to find out the ACTUAL URL is like pulling teeth.

On top of this, try typing a random string to get to page you know never existed. The system says "This page has moved", indicating that…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Free form searches from Minibases should default to "Contains" NOT "Starts With" -- just like Google and all search engines do.

Free form searches from Minibases should default to "Contains" NOT "Starts With" -- just like Google and all search engines do. (You don't have to type "The" or "A" before a search phrase in Google, for instance... and if you did, you wouldn't know which to do or when it's needed. "Contains" lets you search by any keyword.) This makes it really hard for people to use the minibase search feature, and makes it likely that they don't find what they're looking for.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Minibase  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. News Item Sort - save button should be at top of the list of articles

Please move the save button to the top of the screen above the list when sorting the news items.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editor Layouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Upcoming Events - horizontal view

Add an option to show upcoming events in a horizontal display on a section page (like on a site home page). Currently the Upcoming Events app only displays in a vertical format on a section page. It would be nice if it could be displayed horizontally so you can put it in a footer on a section page.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Upcoming Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make pressing return in directory initiate your search

In a staff directory, when I type a name my natural training tells me to just press return and that will yield my search results but it doesn't. You have to actually use your mouse to move over to the search button and press it to initiate the search. If you go to any site out there and type a search work and then return you get the results. The staff directory should work the same.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. We would like to see better analytics.

It would be nice to have an analytics tool similar to google analytics.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Mass upload of pics for staff directory is needed!

We need to have the option to mass upload photos to the staff directory

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add code to print the lunch menu app

We are using the lunch menu app so that our mobile phone users can view the menu without having to download a PDF. However, we also have users that would like to print the whole month. Is it possible to add code to the lunch menu app that would allow for printing on letter-size paper.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps/Modules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Easy selection to show header

Allow users to select to show the header on the page when you first add the content app (or other app) and add the title.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  App Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. In Files & Folders, you can now mass upload and mass delete files, but there isn't a way to move more than one file at a time

In Files & Folders, you can now mass upload and mass delete files, but there isn't a way to move more than one file at a time from one area of Files & Folders to another. Many times there are large amounts that need to be moved from one subfolder to another and it takes forever to do this one at a time.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Separate Editor Calendar/Homepage Permissions

It would be nice if permissions separated calendar editors from having access to edit homepage content. For districts that do not allow people to edit content, it would at least be nice for certain privileges to be extended for staff to edit calendar events only (and not other parts of the site).

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Sync Microsoft 365 School simular to the Google Suite

Many schools are 365 Schools. I would be helpful if the the websites could collaborate/sync with those on-line applications. i.e. Calendar, One Drive and the such.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 301 redirect mapping

It is essential for customer service that 301 redirects are put in place when moving websites. BB should offer this service. I have never launched a new website with out this strategy in place and it will be detrimental to google search engine results. Please implement this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Create a combination of Minibase + Staff Directory apps

My district switched from Minibase to Staff Directory because the HTML/CSS/etc code used by the Staff Directory app displays the staff directory information in a much nicer manner, particularly for mobile devices. It is a nightmare to find and update the staff directories because it is broken down by department/office, meaning I have to modify SEVENTEEN pages. It took 2 hours to do what I could do in Minibase in about 10 minutes. I would like to propose a combination of the 2 apps. Combine Minibase's flexibility (although the default search method needs to be updated to "contains" instead of…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps/Modules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow apps to display based on device type

Create toggles in app settings:
    -Display in Desktop Views
    -Display in Mobile Views

This would be great for a content app that we only want to show to users that are (assumed to be) on mobile devices like "Download our App" or to hide apps, like embed on mobile devices.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  End User  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow Alt Text for Global Icons

We currently are working on bringing our website up to ADA compliance. I've run into quite a few items that I can't fix because they are embedded within the system. I don't want to list all of them here but one that I was hoping could be fixed sooner than later is the Global Icons. It would be helpful if you could add a spot for ALT text.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Templates & Styler  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 8 10 12 71 72
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base