Web Community Manager (Websites)

My suggestion is...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Font Sizes in the Editor

People seem to be more familiar with the fonts when they are displayed for choice in 'points'.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Flex Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sort assignments on assignment page.

Teachers would like to have thier past due assignments displayed with the most current at the top of the page or at least be given to option of how to display them. Students could then look back over the semester to see older assignments rather than having to scroll to the bottom to see what was due last week.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Site Director & Adding Events to

When a Site Director adds an event to a section calendar and wants that event posted on the main District calendar, it should be an option to add it automatically. Having to navigate back to the event que and then approve it is a waste of time.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. File Library - Provide Formatiing/Display Options

The File library listings are the only section of our website that recieves criticism. They are a wonderful feature, and much easier to manage than creating flex pages with links, however, it is difficult for the users to figure out they actually have to click on the icon to downlaod the file. Here are my suggestions:

1. Provide custom views where we can decide on the information that is displayed (title, description, icon, filename, filesize, etc...)

2. Make the title, filename, filesize and Icon of the file a link to the file so users can "click" multiple places to download…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Archive Headlines

I would like a section to archive old headlines automatically after the assigned date.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Headlines & Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Custom designed e-mail results for Forms and Surveys

Currently you cannot change how the e-mail message in Forms and Surveys looks

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Forms & Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Assignment Page Order

The assignment page should order itself from most recent decsending in the past due column. Category should show on the calendar.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add CAPTCHA field to Forms & Surveys

I have contact forms on all of our school websites, and on occasion a bot finds one or more of them and decides to spam them for a while. It's very annoying and could be easily prevented if only there were a captcha field that could be added to forms.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Forms & Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. A Parent Teacher Conference Scheduler Module

Where parents could access and schedule/change/cancel times. Teachers could make appointments for parents without internet access. Teachers could check their shedule in real time and print them out. Could be coordinated with other teachers in the school for those parents that have more than one child with conferences. Tried the Calendar feature, did not work for us.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Password to Protect a Web Page

Our teachers would like to be able to assign a password to some web pages. They would then share this password with parents and students.

While we understand that this can be accomplished by the parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles, etc. registering...it does cause more work since our Webmaster has to them assign them viewing rights.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Copy Highlighted Text From Page When Creating Link To File

When you attempt to create a link to a file, the text you highlight that you want to become the hyperlink is deleted if you do not re-type the text in to the "Link Text" box in Centricty. So you either have to remember to copy the text prior to begining the link to file process, or re-type it exactly in the field box and the original text is deleted and replaced with what you type. Can't Centricity automatically fill in the "Link Text" field with the highlighted text or not even ask for a link text field. It really…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flex Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Collaborative Scheduling Calendar

Create a calendar that teachers/parents can view and edit to schedule or reserve items. Someone previously requested something like this for a conferences, but how about reservation of a computer lab or mobile laptop carts that repeat every 1/2 hour throughout the school year. For our laptop carts, I'd like teachers to be able to view the schedule, know who currently has the carts, know where the carts need to go next, and be able to schedule their time with the carts. We tried using an imported registered events, but found that this wouldn't work because teachers could not view…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Easier way to delete users

At the beginning of each school year I import the students for each of our programs. By the next year, some graduate, some return in a different program (which would change their role), some do not return. I know that I can undo the import, but I would find it much easier (and less scary) if in the Users pager, there was a checkbox next to each user where I could check more than one user at a time, then click Remove. (kind of like in my email - I can click a checkbox and delete, move, etc). It is…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Default Calendar Views

Allow section or site editors to set a default view for the calendar individually in each section.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add a 'reset button' after displaying search result

I would like a 'new search' or 'reset' button after displaying results to a search request in a minibase so I can submit another request.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Minibase  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Recurring Events show once in Upcoming Events

In Upcoming Events, recurring events should show as Dec 21-25: Holiday Break rather than Holiday Break on every day that the event recurs.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Upcoming Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Managing Home Page Annoucements

Once an annoucement expires, it should automatically convert to an 'Inactive' status. Why do you need a warning sign for an expired annoucements when you deliberately set that expiration date to start with when it was posted?

Also, it would be helpful if you could either sort sort by the 'status' or expiration date.

Finally, a "Show Only Active" announcements button would help to quickly see what is showing up on the page now.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Include a Way to Move or Insert Fields in Minibase

Currently, it is not possible to simply add a new field between two existing fields in something like a directory in table view. If you want to add a new field, it has to appear as the last column, unless you create a custom view, which presents other issues. This seems like a fairly common task that should be simple to do. It would be nice if there were an "insert field" option or a "sort fields" option. I know you can define the way in which the records are sorted when an end-user performs a search, but that's a…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Minibase  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Upcoming Events Portal

include the date next to the Today line in the Upcoming Events field in the database. I know that we list events for Today and Tomorrow but it might be good to include the date of those events.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Upcoming Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Different formats for photo galleries

Would like to have options for the way photo galleries look on the page. It would be nice to have some formatting options.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Photo Gallery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base