Web Community Manager (Websites)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create SchoolWires Apps to edit on iPads and Smart Phones

Schoolwires needs to create an application so website editors can use their iPads and Smart Phones to upload and edit their website.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Site Workspace  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow for sending emails and "rolling back" accounts with the "Update Users" function.

In C1, we were able to update accounts and send out emails to those updated accounts by importing a .csv file. We could also take advantage of the "rollback" function to essentially "import/update" accounts that we want to delete and the roll them back so it removed them from the list of users.

In C2, it would be nice if the "Update Users" function would allow you to "Send Emails" or "Roll Back" imports to accomplish this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Calendar events - show more event detail when hovering over an event in EACH view. Incidate there is an attachment

Calendar events - show more event detail when hovering over an event in EACH view. Indicate there is an attachment if you can not show the link to it. Each view (list, week, month, etc) only shows a little information until you click on the event. Seems many will think the only information available is what you see when you hover.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Comments to an ASSIST ticket should include the link to the ticket in the email that is generated to the requester.

Comments to an ASSIST ticket should include the link to the ticket in the email that is generated to the requester.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. FAQ app

I would love to have an FAQ app that would expand and collapse a question's answer when clicked.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PassKey Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please enable something that allows you to point people to a PDF file right from a home page headline.

If a school district has taken the time to create and design a flyer or news release using any type of office-type software, then they should simply be able to post that same designed document on the Web site. However, if you want to make it a home page headline under the current system, you cannot. There's no allowance for mapping a headline link directly to an uploaded file because you're within a "Headlines" app. This seems neither rational nor fair to the people who have to make a second design for their newsworthy information.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Headlines & Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Subscribe to narrower content area

Currently, a user can only subscribe to a section. Our users want to be able to subscribe to apps. Instead of using RSS (no one uses an aggregator here), they want to receive an email, or better yet a text message, when a new announcement, article, assignment or blog posting is added to a specific app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  E-Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to post messages to the Campus Level Summary page for subsite directors

I noticed that the Schoolwires advertisement images change from time to time on the site summary pages. We would like the ability to post our own images or messages to sub-site directors.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. filter

Please provide the ability to hit enter when submitting information into a search field. For example, when filtering for users, we type in our search criteria but cannot initiate the search without having to reach for the mouse and click the filter button. Hitting the enter key is much more efficient.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Switch ***EXPIRED*** announcements/headlines to inactive?

While there is a column for Announcement/Headline Status which shows whether each is Active/Inactive, it does not indicate those which have EXPIRED. They still appear as active. In C1, the icon changed slightly to indicate this. Can a third option appear for EXPIRED or can the icons return? Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Schedule to deactivate assignments

A box in the Assignment Apps Options that says: "Deactivate Assignments [X] days after due date."

The page manager should not have to manage each assignment one-by-one after they've been entered.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. A Save button within Full-Screen view.

It would be nice if full screen mode had a Save button so teachers could save during editing without having to switch views. I'm guessing this would be in the next release. Just an idea.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flex Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Enable the use of

many more keyboard shortcuts in the Site Manager Editor. Make being a Site Manager less mouse-driven.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow teachers to 'mass' delete Blog responses from students.

I use the same academic questions each year for my elementary students to respond to. I would like to 'mass' delete the responses at the end of the year (I get over 700 responses each year), but I want the Blog pages to remain so that I don't have to recreate my questions/pages. This year we had to have the Blog deletions done by Centricity, but I would like to have the ability to manage my responses on my own. It would be too time consuming for me to recreate all my Blogs each year.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bring back the icons next to headlines and announcements in Site Manager.

Where did the status icon go? It was extremely helpful in scanning through a long list of announcements/headlines to identify which had expired and which were still running. It is very time consuming for schools to monitor this if they are using the announcements daily.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Display in upcoming events

It would save teachers an additional step if the "always display in upcoming events" button under the Category box was available when the event is created. As it is now, I have to "save" the event and then click on it in my calendar to edit, then the "always display'" button now shows and I can check the box so event shows on calendar. When I am creating my calendar for the year and entering numerous events this extra step is VERY time consuming.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow Renaming of Entire Filename (Including Extensions)

It was frustrating to discover that in attempt to protect people from themselves, the file renaming feature in C2 prevents modification of the file extension. Having to download a file, rename it accordingly, reupload it, and delete the original is a frustrating and unnecessarily time-consuming process.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  App Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Notify administrator if user deletes account.

Currently, we are unaware if a user deletes their account, and we should be alerted whenever that happens. An email notification to the 'Users & Groups' contact email would be a great enhancement,

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base