Web Community Manager (Websites)

My suggestion is...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Searching all sites should not be the default

The default option for search on Blackboard websites is to search all pages associated with your main domain name.

This means if a parent searches for "homecoming" on High School A, they could possibly get the results from High School B.

I went to Denton ISD and searched for "second grade" from Blanton ES and the first page of results were all from different elementary schools.

We've had them alter the way search works on our site, but it does cost extra. Odd that this is the default. Does anyone else have issues with search complaints?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Obfuscate email addresses

I just learned that the Staff Directory app and the About Teacher app will obfuscate email addresses to prevent (or at least slow down) their collection by email harvesters.

Since we also add email addresses in other apps (Tables, Minibases, Content), could WCM consider obfuscating all email addresses or giving content creators an option to add obfuscation? Maybe a Captcha screen?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Site-Wide Find Section or Find Page

Provide Site Directors with the ability to search site-wide by section or page name or ID. This would assist with internal trouble-shooting and support activities by making it easier to quickly locate a specific section or page. For example, sometimes end users accidentally move a section or page and forget where it's been moved to. Other times a subsite director might accidentally delete the editor associated with the section or ask for assistance with assigning a new editor. Being able to quickly search site-wide to find the content would reduce efforts in trying to track down what site > channel…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Site Workspace  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Headlines and Features App "More Info" link

When using the updated option to choose a link or file instead of an actual article, the option to toggle visibility on the "More Info" link is desirable. Clicking the headline opens the file or external link in a new window an having the "More info" button there does the same but in the same window. The action is redundant. I wouldn't strictly remove it, but have an option to display the "More Info" button by default on all headlines to accommodate those who don't want it either way.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Headlines & Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Control / Force Global Incons to subsites from District website

It would be quite useful to control global icons from our district website to force changes on all sub sites. Currently if we want to add a global icon to every school page it has to be done on all 50(ish) sub sites through the template for each site. It would be more efficient to have a toggle checkbox list for each global icon with an option to push to a sub site if desired. We currently to this with custom JavaScript when needed but it isn't always reliable cross-browser.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Templates & Styler  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Week view in District Calendar is not an option? Help!

Surely this was a mistake. There are buttons for Month and Day but no Week view. Many Parents and Faculty are requesting this. Please put Week as a view option.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. photo editing needed in Photo Gallery

Since the recent change in photo gallery, posting images and editing them to the right size is not possible within your sight. I require a third-party interface to edit the size of photos (915x1500) to match your requirements.
    If your interface is limited in the size of images we're supposed to upload, it would be extremely beneficial to the client to be able to at least crop or resize directly from the photo gallery app like we used to be able to.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Photo Gallery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add a Move button so that multiple files can be checked and then moved to a sub-folder

From the Top level, the current process requires:
    -- Clicking the Move button
    -- Clicking the drop down arrow in the "Move To:" box
    -- Clicking the drop down arrow beside Root Directory
    -- Clicking the Sub-folder
    -- Lastly - Clicking the "Move" button
    Five clicks to move one file at a time. Extremely tedious

Idea:
    Click the Checkbox beside the files to be moved then select the sub-folder.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Prevent Section editors from adding additional section editors

Prevent section editors from adding additional section editors to the section they have rights to. Currently, section editors can authorize additional "editors" who have not attended district training. In fact, the way the system currently works even our students and parents (who also have logins) could be granted editorial rights over a page by a section editor. This is a fairly substantial security flaw.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Section Workspace  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bring back the flex editor!

When I read the release notes, I noticed that some editor apps would be "upgraded to their modern counterparts." It did not read "we are removing the flex editor app and taking you back to the dysfunctional content app and not providing any of the modern features." I am trying to add a link to a survey I created, and there used to be a button at the top to do just that. Now, I have to go in and view the survey, copy the link, and then add a link in the content app. I am also struggling with…

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flex Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ally - Exclude expired content from accessibility scan.

Expired announcements/highlights/etc. don't display on the website, so they're is no need to track down and correct accessibility issues in that content. Including them in the accessibility report makes it difficult to discern what issues actually need attention.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ally  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks Sergio – this recommendation makes total sense. We try to note a wide variety of “events” and communicate them to Ally, but this one may be a little unusual in that passing a date line may be a little more “passive.” I’ll explore with our development team and see what the potential for this is. If there is an urgent need to drop these items from the report making them inactive may do it (but I know that’s likely a lot of manual work) – Rich

13. Ally - Visually display the location of actual accessibility error on page

When a page appears within my accessibility screen with errors as identified within WCAG 2.0 standards, it would be easier if the error was clearly identified as it is currently done with other accessibility tools on the market.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello! First off, thanks for your feedback. Streamlining the process of finding and correcting a document is something we’ll be attacking in several stages throughout the year. We’ll start with making corrections for files more of a direct process via Ally for files such as PDFs (so you don’t even have to hunt for the page, app, or section).

In the second half of the year, we’ll be exploring ways to check content natively during creation, and seeing if there are ways we can zoom in on the context in the meantime. We’ll update our Ally users as a strategy for this begins to take shape. – Rich

14. Add Insert Table feature to Content App Editor

In the short time that we have been working on our new site, one of the things that we have found that is missing and would be hugely helpful would be the ability to insert a table into the Content App. I realize that there is a table app, but it seems to take up a lot more space than I would like.

There is already the ability to edit a table in the Content App, it would just be nice if it was easier to add the table without having to copy and paste it from somewhere else or…

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editor Layouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bring back the "HOW DO I..." tab.

This was so simple for people to understand. You searched based on your access level. You got a column for readers (articles), viewers (videos) and those that wanted additional resources.

Did it need some work? Sure, but the "all Blackboard products in one place" approach is really not good. It also doesn't help that you don't have the videos anymore.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. ALLY - Align Sever, Major and Minor tabs to WCAG 2.0 A, AA and AAA levels.

We need to meet WCAG 2.0 AA and the ALLY labels don't help, in fact they confuse the priority level.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Google Calendar Author Privacy

Once a Google calendar is synced, the person who adds an event shows up when someone clicks directly on a event. Usually their name and email address. This information should have a privacy editing option, since the person who adds an event may not be the main contact for that event. Should have the option also to be left blank regardless of who added info.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add fax field to Staff Directory app

School nurses, guidance, and other staff members provide fax numbers to users so documents such as shot records, etc. can be faxed to the appropriate staff member or office.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps/Modules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Calendar Event Categories - Customize Calendar View

Currently all Calendar Event Categories show when a user customizes a calendar view. The list presented should only include those categories available on calendars to which the user has subscribed (selected)

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  End User  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. staff directory app department search

Staff directory apps needs a department search option.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps/Modules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 7 9 69 70
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base