Web Community Manager (Websites)

My suggestion is...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please allow for shading of calendar days (not just events).

I'd like to shade the box of a day in the calendar if the school district is closed. If there is no school, l'd like the box to be grey (events or holiday name can still show up but the background should be a different color to make it clear school is closed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Minibase - add a restriction to the search to require at least two letters in name for searching.

Add a restriction to the search to require at least two letters in name for searching. We have had an uptick in spam (in alpha order) and think requiring additional letters could help. Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Minibase  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Internal (back end of website) search needed

There should be a tool on the back end of the website that can search the entire site for a keyword. It could work for content apps or files. It's very hard to find where something is located sometimes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Content Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Being able to copy an announcement

It would be nice to be able to setup and announcement and then be able to copy it for like announcements such as holidays or school events.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Assign users to edit only pages, not full sections

We would like to be able to set editing permissions at the page level as well. Some users we would like to have access to only a page, not the entire section it is under.

145 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. iCal updates every (up to) 24 hours

In the ICal Feed instructions for a calendar, please include some language that the iCal feed in Google updates every (up to) 24 hours, and will not immediately appear in the Google iCal feed. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make the Forgot Password page Customizable

We have most parents trying to login to the website and they are thinking they are logging into Infinite Campus so we want to customize the forgot password page to direct parents to the correct page/site. We have sent numerous emails to parents with directions of how to get to IC and they continue to log into Blackboard. It would be more benficial if we could add our own language to that page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Button to SAVE Changes

When I add, delete, or move apps around on the page, give me a button that asks if I want to save the changes I made. I have accidentally removed or moved apps, not realizing that I did, and Blackboard allows me to just close out. If I've made a change I like to verify it, and not be surprised later that I made a change I didn't intend to make.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editor Layouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Table App - Merging and Splitting Cells

It would be great to split and/or merge cells within the table app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps/Modules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. print styles for staff directory

It would be great if the styles could be edited to print in a table format when using the custom minibase app. This would eliminate the need to keep multiple files for users to download and print.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Minibase  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sharing App - Original Locations

As originator/owner of app, I would like to have ability to move original app to a different location as needed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Is to have options available to allow users to reset password by username or email address. Many of our users do not know their username.

I suggest having options available to allow users to reset password by username or email address. Many of our users do not know their username.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  End User  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Redesign the new Calendar display to make improvements to functionality

There are two issues with the new calendar functionality update: color bars too small and selecting cal event details inconsistency
    The new display look and functionality for the calendar is causing a LOT of issues for end users. I understand the new look is designed to be a "clean" look for the purpose for ADA compatibility for contrast, which is perfectly fine and worked very well for that purpose, the issue is it went TOO far and took the functionality of the color categorizing away for the other 97% of users. (Roughly 3.1 - 3.3% of users have a either…

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. "Select All" check box for downloading files in File Library

There should be an option to select all of the files in the file library so you're able to download them all for archival purposes. This would also be useful when deleting files or cleaning up the file library.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Offer a better option for Setting up Google CSE at site launch

Waiting until post launch to configure Google CSE results in a poor user experience just when you want people to have the BEST experience. Once Google CSE is setup, you then have to wait for Google to crawl your site before users will experience satisfactory search results. Additionally, the suggestions for removing URLS and/or outdated content involves submitting every page on our old site one at a time which is not practical.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. show app name on page

PLEASE -- if we enter an APP NAME in the field, add a check box to show the app name on the page as well. Otherwise, I have to keep going into App Options to check this box. PLEASE ADD an toggle box to show app name on page or not. This would greatly help in the speed of creating pages!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Remove Link button

Please bring back the "Remove Link" button that was on the Flex Editor. There are some pages that have an abundance of links that I have to update with new reports once a year because it is required by state law. The link library is too lengthy for this situation, and I use styling to make the page shorter so that our parents don't have to scroll so much.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Content Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Provide a quick link to the calendar approval queue in Common Tools

Please provide a quick link to the calendar event queue - perhaps in the Common Tools for each school. That would save a lot of time clicking through the calendar to get to this feature. And provide more details in the calendar queue, like who submitted the calendar request. And, if there's a way for the calendar queue in the Common Tools to indicate (like with a number after it) how many approvals are needed -- that would be a quick visual to those who manage calendars that an approval is needed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow moving pages with nested pages underneath

The ability to move a page together with all its nested pages would be helpful. It is cumbersome to have to move all of the nested pages first, then the main page, then re-nest the pages, etc. This would allow for more flexibility in reorganizing a site.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base