Web Community Manager (Websites)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Users workspace needs updating

The entire User management page needs to be updated. It's very cumbersome to work in. For example, when you type in a name to look up, you can't type the name, then "enter". You must then pick up the mouse and click Filter. Also, Edline had a better way to view and display users. This system is extremely outdated and needs updating so you can easily view users quickly. Not have to search them one by one. Right now only so many (25?) appear on a page before you must select the next page, but it's a searchers nightmare to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Update iCal feed subscription instructions for iOS Devices (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad)

It was brought to our attention that the current directions on the iCal Feed page for subscribing on iOS devices are incorrect and need to be updated, since they have changed the layout of their settings menus and are now on iOS 12.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Separate permissions to edit the calendar and edit the home page

Please Separate permissions to edit the calendar and edit the home page. If I give a departmental user permissions to edit a district calendar, they also can edit everything on the home page. This is a ridiculous over-permissioning and It puts my website in danger.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Responsive Minibase Input Fields

Making Minibase fields more responsive. Many websites are viewed on mobile phones, having the input fields fit the view port would really enhance the app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Minibase  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Homepage Slideshow Preview

It would be nice to preview a homepage slideshow to see what it looks like before it is published live.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Templates & Styler  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Staff Directory Sort

It would be great if we could arrange staff directory listings. I.e. I have a leadership staff directory that I'd like to sort by leader, i.e. Superintendent, Deputy Superintendent, etc.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Apps/Modules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Animated flip page document app

Would love if there was an app that had an animated flip page option for our student handbooks. Our student handbooks are long and it would be easier on the viewer to read it this way online.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  App Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow the pics in the 1280 x 500 gallery to have a status option, such as Inactive or Active. (In the Home Page of School District Site

Allow photos in the 1280 x 500 gallery to have a status option, such as Inactive or Active. This would be extremely helpful.

(Specifically In my Home Page of School District Site).

There are (the same) pictures I like to load depending on the season and would rely on this feature. It's an feature that is available elsewhere on the Blackboard sites/my school site, why not for the gallery area? I've asked on the phone in the past years, but not in this venue. Please allow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Extend Google Sign-in option to all sign-in pages

The current Google Sign-in option is good, but needs to be available on all sign-in pages when turned on. Two examples of pages are the sign-in page for the content moderation approval queue and the sign-in page for Universal Navigation between WCM and BB Comms sites.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Consistent field names

It would be incredibly helpful for the back end to have consistent names for things such at title and alt text. In some places it's called tooltip and most users don't know what a "tooltip" is. I didn't even know until I did an accessibility training with Blackboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Fixed accessibility errors are still listed in issues...

When I fix accessibility issues they still show up on the list of issues, which makes it hard to go through and work on new things day to day. If fixed issues are still going to be listed, being able to filter them out somehow would be great. Alternatively, simply not listing them in the Accessibility issues section would help too.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ally  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. New vs. revised Headlines & Features new items

Since news items are sometimes "recycled" from one year to the next, it would helpful if an existing item could somehow be made "new" when it's revised so it would be displayed up front on the mobile app. It's a nuisance to have to cut and paste all of the old content into a new article.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Headlines & Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. require minimum 9 characters on public user name

Our AD limits user IDs to 8 characters. We find that often non staff squat on user names that are needed (assigned) to staff. TO use LDAP, CMS User Name must match the 3-8 character AD user ID. If we require outsiders to have user names > 8 characters, we prevent any outsiders from taking unique user names that future staff may need.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Table App Accessibility Compliance

Add accessibility fields to Table App, as is, it completely fails Web Accessibility standards. Tables must have column and row headers. Data in a table should have code to reference the column and row it represents as a TD HEADER. Abbreviations in table data should have code to add ABBR TITLE to the TD. If you cannot make the Table App accessible, at least make the code available within the app so that editors can manually code tables for accessibility.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  App Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. For Blackboard messaging - Add a report or add to the change tab the ability to determine when a data source was changed and who changed it.

For Blackboard messaging - Add a report or add to the Change Log report or add to the change tab the ability to determine when a data source was changed and who changed it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Option for Site Administrators show a video/message that greets all content editors upon signing in to Site Manager

When activating the New Page Editing Experience all contents editors are currently greeted with a video overview of the New Page Editing Experience the first time they sign in to Site Manager. I would like this feature to be expanded to Site Administrators so that they have the option to greet all WCM content editors upon logging in with a video or message. For example, we would like all of our WCM content editors to annually be greet with a video about website accessibility that we produced.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Site Workspace  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ally arrow download options should include PDF

My website users are confused by the Ally download arrow. Non ADA users who simply want the standard PDF are clicking on the Ally arrow and ending up with format choices that don't meet their needs. Add a PDF format as one of the download options, so at least they can choose the correct format when they click the arrow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ally  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Correction to Pinnacle template

Create a separate band for the logo so it does not drop down and obscure the photo gallery.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Easily make User Group from anyone who signs in using LDAP or SAML

make it simple to restrict viewers to just employees by creating automatically a group for anyone who signs in using SAML or LDAP.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Additonal Logo for Global Icons

Add the logo for smore as an additional Global Icon.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Templates & Styler  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base