Web Community Manager (Websites)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add text to instruct users to click on the map to get step by step directions

The submit button above the map of the destination does nothing but display a map for the location that is entered. Users want to be able to map out their route - step by step. There is nothing that indicates that they should click on the map to go out to google's site and map their actual route. Text needs to be added to let people know about the functionality.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Maps & Directions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Security - SSL - Require https on specific site sections/pages

In order to create a true intranet, we want to apply SSL on specific channels, sections and/or pages, which would require user login, and user specified group membership. We want to specify which specific areas require https. We want all content displayed on these selected pages to require https for the display and/or transfer of protected pages/files. The sensitive data transfer would be encrypted. This would ForceSSL when needed and use http when not needed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Security - Require user passwords be strong and at least 8 characters long

I was able to change one of my dummy/test userid account's passwords to a one character password. This ensures no security on that account. All user accounts should have strong passwords, especially if the account also has Passkeys. A user could hack into a weak account and the access other accounts thaty may have been set up using the Passkey function.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Sara Daniel at Arlington would like the ability to customize Restrict Formatting.

An example is to restrict what fonts my staff can use but not the font color.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Forms & Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Access to more Current User's Fields

We like to use the User Code to store the Users Employee ID. We have always wanted to display this information to the user on many different pages but found in the "Toolbox/Active Block" section you are pretty limited in which fields you can use to display back to the user.

It would be nice to be able to display the Current User's User Code or their full address instead of just the zip code.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow other third-party alerts to be subscribed to for school safety

We use a county e-alert system at nixle.com to post lock-outs, etc. Every school in the county uses nixle. It would be great if parents could subscribe to this system directly through the third-party alerts under the "My Accounts - E-Alert settings" area. Currently, the only 3rd party alert is the Weather Channel. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  E-Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enhance Calendar Posting Email

The email notifications for posting to other calendars needs more information to be useful. Several of our users are suggesting that the Event Title be included in the notification to help determine what is being requested.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Modify the Passkey function to open the popup window with the menubar option set to YES

I think our users would want the menubar so that while they are in the new browser window (for the passkey site), they can perform all the browser functions that they normally would be able to do as if they had signed in to the site directly. The default is yes so I am wondering why it is turned off for passkey windows.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PassKey Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to require approval when creating, deleting or hiding pages from a moderated account

Currently, when content moderation is in place, moderated editors can still add, delete or hide pages without approval from the moderator. This has potential for big disasters that a school wouldn't even be aware of initially. Saying a section or account is moderated, but then allowing people to delete pages without approval is very misleading...

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Content Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. All Channel selection for Content Moderation

In Moderated Groups, when you select Workspaces to moderate, it only allows you to select "sections". It would be helpful to be able to select an entire "channel" for moderation. We want to allow webdesign students to edit entire school sites (of course with moderation), but with the way it is currently set up, when a new section (i.e. teacher section) is created, you would have to manually add it in for moderation. This will be problematic as teachers come and go, and over time will be hard to maintain.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Signup Forms

My school likes to use www.SignUpGenius.com to create bake sale signup sheets and other signup type forms. It allows them to set the number of people that can signup to bring each item and then locks it once that limit is met. While it's a nice tool, I really want them to stay on our site. Is there a way we can do this in centricity?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Forms & Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Set viewers for multiple PassKeys at once

I would like to be able to select multiple PassKeys at once and set the viewers for all of them rather than having to go into each one individually to set the viewers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PassKey Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Assignments app

I like that you can post directly to the calendar with this app and would like to see a file upload like the file library app incorporated. I think it would be very useful for teachers posting homework to have it all in one app.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Calendar integration for athletic events with Digital Sports (Leagueminder)

Our athletic department is moving to a new provider for scheduling athletic events and creating calendars. Previously, we have used Schedule Star and that integrated seamlessly with Schoolwires but calendar integration is not supported with the new site. It would be nice if it would work like Schedule Star

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Photo Gallery - ability to change layout to Portrait

I have a few galleries that have images that are all portraits. I wish I could change the photo gallery so there isn't all the "black space" on the sides: http://www.lths.net/Page/2630

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow entire sections to be copied

We have a seasonal newsletter that is published four times a year. I have a rather complicated section arranged for this, and I'm supposed to make the old newsletters available for viewing in addition to the current one. Right now, the only thing I can do is create the section over again each time I need to publish the new one. I have tried creating a section configuration but all the apps still have to be configured each time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow groups to be exported and imported (like the Calendar App)

I would love a feature, like the calendar app, that would allow me to export the current users in a group, perge them and import the updated list. A couple of our district groups are very fluid and need to be updated weekly.
    The group feature can at least include a "filter" so I do not have to scroll through the pages to find a specific user to "delete" them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Turn off background images

I wish there was a way to completely turn off the ability to load background images on the district (school)website. Our district does not allow this on the site, but it is available to teachers and is not "moderated," it can easily slip through the cracks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base