Web Community Manager (Websites)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enhance Calendar Posting Email

The email notifications for posting to other calendars needs more information to be useful. Several of our users are suggesting that the Event Title be included in the notification to help determine what is being requested.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Modify the Passkey function to open the popup window with the menubar option set to YES

I think our users would want the menubar so that while they are in the new browser window (for the passkey site), they can perform all the browser functions that they normally would be able to do as if they had signed in to the site directly. The default is yes so I am wondering why it is turned off for passkey windows.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PassKey Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to require approval when creating, deleting or hiding pages from a moderated account

Currently, when content moderation is in place, moderated editors can still add, delete or hide pages without approval from the moderator. This has potential for big disasters that a school wouldn't even be aware of initially. Saying a section or account is moderated, but then allowing people to delete pages without approval is very misleading...

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Content Moderation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. All Channel selection for Content Moderation

In Moderated Groups, when you select Workspaces to moderate, it only allows you to select "sections". It would be helpful to be able to select an entire "channel" for moderation. We want to allow webdesign students to edit entire school sites (of course with moderation), but with the way it is currently set up, when a new section (i.e. teacher section) is created, you would have to manually add it in for moderation. This will be problematic as teachers come and go, and over time will be hard to maintain.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Signup Forms

My school likes to use www.SignUpGenius.com to create bake sale signup sheets and other signup type forms. It allows them to set the number of people that can signup to bring each item and then locks it once that limit is met. While it's a nice tool, I really want them to stay on our site. Is there a way we can do this in centricity?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Forms & Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Set viewers for multiple PassKeys at once

I would like to be able to select multiple PassKeys at once and set the viewers for all of them rather than having to go into each one individually to set the viewers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PassKey Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Assignments app

I like that you can post directly to the calendar with this app and would like to see a file upload like the file library app incorporated. I think it would be very useful for teachers posting homework to have it all in one app.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Calendar integration for athletic events with Digital Sports (Leagueminder)

Our athletic department is moving to a new provider for scheduling athletic events and creating calendars. Previously, we have used Schedule Star and that integrated seamlessly with Schoolwires but calendar integration is not supported with the new site. It would be nice if it would work like Schedule Star

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Photo Gallery - ability to change layout to Portrait

I have a few galleries that have images that are all portraits. I wish I could change the photo gallery so there isn't all the "black space" on the sides: http://www.lths.net/Page/2630

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow entire sections to be copied

We have a seasonal newsletter that is published four times a year. I have a rather complicated section arranged for this, and I'm supposed to make the old newsletters available for viewing in addition to the current one. Right now, the only thing I can do is create the section over again each time I need to publish the new one. I have tried creating a section configuration but all the apps still have to be configured each time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow groups to be exported and imported (like the Calendar App)

I would love a feature, like the calendar app, that would allow me to export the current users in a group, perge them and import the updated list. A couple of our district groups are very fluid and need to be updated weekly.
    The group feature can at least include a "filter" so I do not have to scroll through the pages to find a specific user to "delete" them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Turn off background images

I wish there was a way to completely turn off the ability to load background images on the district (school)website. Our district does not allow this on the site, but it is available to teachers and is not "moderated," it can easily slip through the cracks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Modify the Last Modified Report so that the Site Admins can export the data in raw, non-summarized, csv format.

Modify the Last Modified Report so that the Site Admins can export the data in raw, non-summarized, csv format. Include the Channel, Section, Page, userid of person who last edited the page, page expiration date and the Last edited date and time. I want to be able to easily use Excel to filter and sort the data. This would be helpful in identifying pages that need to be reviewed, especially in organizations that have more than one person maintaining a site.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Lunch Menu App Needs Tweaking

I really like the new Lunch Menu App from an editor's point of view (very easy to use - I love that it keeps up with the date when you "save and add new" entries), but I don't think it's as visually useful as it could be for the website visitor.

As it is, the entries simply display in a long list similar to the way library apps list entries. Unfortunately, this leaves a LOT of empty space on the page and is therefore really inefficient in displaying info.

If the entries could instead display in a more calendar-like fashion…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  End User  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Have a default "There are currently no announcements." message appear when an announcement app's records are all either expired or inactive.

Now that sections can have their own announcements apps, it would be nice to have something there so it doesn't look quite so blank when there are no active records to display. It just looks a bit awkward to have an "Announcements" header on a page and then have nothing underneath it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Export assignments into other programs

Our teachers would like to export all class assignments (Assignment App) into a Word or PDF format simultaneously. Currently, the only way to export assignments is via the calendar export. Unfortunately, the only format offered is the iCalendar .ics format. A very helpful modification to the export feature would be to offer the iCalendar and PDF/Word format option. In doing so, teachers are able to easily archive their lessons for personal use and meet requirements from the administration.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Create a search tool to search a specific folder

I would like to have a search tool that will allow us to search a particular folder. For example, we have a page with Board Policy links. Each of these link to a folder with html files. I would like to be able to search those html files for key words.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. More options to sort Article Library

It would be nice to be able to automatically sort articles by date. Currently we can sort alphabetically or drag & drop (If the list is long the drag & drop can be tedious.)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps/Modules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. MyView PassKey Area Design Improvements

The size of the icons that are used for the PassKey dropdown area don’t translate well to the smaller icons used in the list for the PassKey MyView area. It would be nice to have the same larger format size used for the PassKey dropdown in the MyView area. It would make the icons easier to see and select from.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Link a calendar event to another calendar

It would helpful to have the ability to link a calendar event to another calendar.

For example, a school posts their event with the district's calendar. When viewing the district's calendar, clicking on the school's event to be directed to the school's calendar.

It would be nice to do the same with section calendars as well.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base