Web Community Manager (Websites)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sort Dates Descending

Change the sort dates of assignments past to be most recent first. This is particular annoying in January!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Assignments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show graph only on survey results

When posting a survey having the option to show the results graphically only, without all the extra text and options (i.e. Respodents, status, etc.) posted, would give a cleaner look to the survey. This additional information should still be available to the creator.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Forms & Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Group Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Need Statistics for Individual News Articles

It would be extremely beneficial to be able to get statistics for each individual news article on my homepage headlines app. At the very least, could we get statistics for just the app? Right now you only provide stats for the entire homepage.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Headlines & Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Create a Blog Report that shows the number of comments by user

We have teachers that have asked for the ability to run a blog report that would display the details of comments made. This would be available at the section level. The report would show the name of each person who commented on the blog, how many initial posts they made to the blog, and how many reply posts (threaded comments) the user made.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Assist Help Desk

I want to be able to unlock an account and generate an email passcode at the same time. Currently, the program is set up to first edit and unlock the account. Then you have to search for the user again to generate the passcode. This should be a single step.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to

Ability to hit the "L" key and have the menu pull up the first item that starts with that letter, would be nice to have this for adding Channels, selecting Calendar Categories etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Passport assignment

Only allow Site Directors to assign a passport above the level of Registered User, and make anyone who registers with a web site automatically be a "Registered User", rather than "Unassigned".
    Subsite Directors have to be able to manage users, which currently means they are able to assign passports.

I have had a couple of Subsite Directors accidentally assign a new user the Site Director passport. Not cool. It also means they could make themselves a Site Director, and then lock me out. Also not cool.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow Facebook Like to be added in News Articles

Make a Facebook Like option available in the editor Toolbox so you can insert into a News article in the Headlines app. This is the number one place I would like to use Facebook Like.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Headlines & Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Minibase: allow "exact match" in addition to "starts with" and "contains".

Allowing exact match will help us with uses of the minibase that are more security-sensitive, like students being able to look up their service hours and only see their own record because they can match the full ID number as opposed to a partial.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Minibase  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow more than 1 email address in the Calendar email notification field

Sometimes there is more than 1 person who maintains a calendar. A few of our districts have asked if more than one address can be entered. I have tested this by separating the addresses by colons or semicolons and it does not send an email to the 2nd person. This would be a nice feature for our districts to have.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add a display name field for user accounts that can be displayed for blog commenting

At times districts do not want to allow students to change their name and email addresses when posting to a blog. This is mainly because students could lie about who they are or pretend they are another student. It would be nice for user accounts to have a Display Name field where a nickname or students initials can be entered and that would be the name that appears when they post to a blog instead of their full name. Most districts have confidentiality laws to follow to protect student identity and can not post a students full name. Allowing students…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Display threaded blog comments as threaded comments in site manager

It would be nice to see blog comments displayed in site manager just as they are on the website. If there are threaded comments they would display as threaded when viewing them (approving or disapproving) from Site Manager.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Blogs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. In Forms and Surveys: change the HTML Presentation item to a mini-flex editor instead of requiring people to know HTML code.

Change the HTML Presentation item into a mini-flex editor instead of requiring people to know HTML code. (Otherwise there is no way for the average user to make a nice looking, richly formatted presentation item.)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Simplify Forms and Surveys so it is not so buggy and

Simplify the look and feel of Forms and Surveys editing so it will be faster and less buggy to edit.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Reverse Alphabetical Sorting

A nice feature would be "reverse" alphabetical sorting. Right now, if you put a date before each headline, it will sort with the earlier ones first.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Headlines & Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Keep Paragraph Tag when hitting return key

When editing a page in C2, if I am typing a paragraph and hit the "enter" or "return" button, it breaks out of the paragraph tag and creates a div instead. In C1, if I was working in firefox, it would retain the paragraph tag; is there any way this functionality can be returned in C2? I hate having to go back and reapply p tags to everything!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flex Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Tie users to students at registration

My users haven't gotten the hang of channel registration yet, therefore I have a plethora of users who do not get targeted alerts. I have no way to target them, as they are in NO WAY tied to students. Add a place during registration for "My Students" "My Campuses" "Parent/Student/Faculty/Other"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Set the focus on the Sign In page to be the Name field

When the Sign In page loads, have the cursor in the Name field automatically, so the user can start entering their username without having to click on the field first.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  End User  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Report Feature for Site Directors

It would be nice if the Site Directors had access to various reports that would help maintain the site users and sections.
    1- User report stating people who have never logged in. Or it has been over a year since their last login.
    2- New Sections Added - This would be very helpful because we have Calendar Collections set up for each campus so that the campus webmaster can push events to all teacher calendars. However, the Site Directors are the only people who have access to add people to the Calendar Collections. So, new sections get added and we…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base