Web Community Manager (Websites)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Include a link to the Yahoo Map on the Maps & Directions page

This way users can easily have access to calculating their own personal driving directions. In C1, many users would use the "Get Map" button to go to Expedia and then create Driving Directions. The new embedded Yahoo map is definitely better, but adding a link so they can get to the full page to do driving directions would be nice.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Maps & Directions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Disable Visitor Commenting but still allow approved comments to show; add expiration date for comments.

For the first time we have used the "Visitor Commenting" feature to allow parents and staff to provide feedback on our calendar options for the upcoming year. After the voting date was closed, we still had people commenting so to prevent this I had to disable the feature on the app. Unfortunately all the comments disappeared and cannot be viewed by those who wanted to summarize the feedback.

It would be great if we could not only close comments without losing visibility of the feedback, but also define a date/time that the commenting will be closed for a particular app.…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Social Components  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Editing via iPad

As iPads become more and more important in schools, we are going
    away with laptops and going toward iPad's next year. All of our teachers
    and students will have an iPad next year.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Section Workspace  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Digest of e-Alerts

It would be nice to get a digest of e-alerts or know when e-alerts are sent in some sort of database. So often parents don't get e-alerts (often due to spam filters or invalid email addresses) but know that it was sent because of friends. I don't know from where the alert was sent, but it'd be helpful to track those down.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  E-Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Modify upcoming events app

Provide dates for ALL upcoming events listed on home page. Sometimes when a user sees just the word "Monday" next to an event, they don't know what date that represents.

Thanks for your consideration.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Identifying roles

When using the Register link on the My Start bar, users fail to specify whether they are a parent, student, etc. in the "Title" field. Sometimes I have seen "Mr." or something like that. Also, that field is not required. It should be, and I would like to see "Title" changed to something more intuitive or have a description added. I have had to disable that feature on our site and create a form as a substitute, in addition to creating a page with instructions on how to fill it out. Most inconvenient as then I have to manually add…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I have added a Discussion app to our District home page and have been receiving comments. Unfortunately, everyone is Anonymous.

I have added a Discussion app to our District home page and have been receiving comments. Unfortunately, everyone is Anonymous. I would like to require a signature as a means of preventing the possibility of a flame war.

Mark

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Active Block Tabs

Our website has four active block rotating tabs on the homepage. It would be useful to be able to take an announcement from the front page and move it to on of the other tabs for reference, but it is no longer a "hot announcement".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Headlines & Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Automatically approve comments/contrubution by Editors

When commenting or contribution comments, if the contributor has editing privileges for that page, their comment/contribution should be automatically approved, rather than requiring them to access Site Manager and approve their own post.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Move events to another calendar

It would be very helpful to be able to change an events calendar location simply by selecting the appropriate calendar from a drop down list, instead of having to delete it and start all over again.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow the upload of exe files with files & folders. If this is for security, allow it to be overridden for key users at a minimum.

Allow the upload of exe files with files & folders. If this is for security, allow it to be overridden for key users at a minimum. Centricity1 allowed this and Centricity2 does not. We use our website to distribute legitimate software to our remote staff.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Force login screen for a "Login Required" form/survey

When the Respondent Access Level options are set to require a login for a survey it would be better to force a login screen if someone clicks on the link to survey and is not currently logged in.

Many times the direct links to forms/surveys are sent out via email and currently if you click on the link and it requires login, it just asks you to close the window and log in to the site first.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Forms & Surveys  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add Community Editing Updates into the Dashboard +

In the SJSD, we will soon be big users of the community editing features in Centricity2. I have two issues with it's implementation as of now:

1) I really... really wish "approve community editing" was a dashboard feature right up front as is "pending comments." I do not want to have to remember to click back into the site to see whether something is awaiting my approval. That is a pretty sloppy workflow in a web 2.0 world. I would hope to have these in my face every time I open my staff section.

-and-

2) Something that seems overkill…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Manually change Sender of E-alert emails (if not being sent by Section Contact)

This is a continuation of another idea, but since I can't leave comments on any others (comment seems like it should post but never appears on refresh)... It should be an option for the sender of an E-alert to enter his/her name and email address. We have some staff members who share sections so using one set of contact info does not always work. It would be helpful if there was a checkbox to "unlock" the sender info when the E-alert message appears.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  E-Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow Backup/Restore to a file of entire site or sections by Site/Subsite Directors or Section editors.

How about giving the Site Director the ability to export the entire website into a compressed zip file, the Subsite Directors the ability to export their entire subsite into a compressed zip file and a section editor the ability to export their entire section into a compressed zip file. Site and Subsite Directors would also be able to just export sections into a compressed zip file.

The opposite option of being able to restore these compressed backups would also be necessary. This would give us the ability to keep archives of our Sites and/or sections in case we need to…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Simple quiz App designed for teachers to easily give simple quizes.

It would be nice for teachers to more easily give a quiz by simply adding a Quiz app to their page. Instead of creating a survey in the Forms & Surveys module. It is likely possible to use the Forms & Surveys on the back end to accomplish this but the Quiz App would have a simple interface and simply be added to the page and edited directly in the Manage Apps & Layout.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  App Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Enhance LDAP cross reference with support for dynamic groups.

The LDAP module has the ability to automatically assign access rights by using a Group Cross Reference. The module looks up the user in the directory tree and check what manual groups they have been assigned to and then gives them rights in Schoolwires.

What I propose is that the LDAP module be enhanced to support the newer dynamic groups of modern directories. This allows for much easier assignments of users to groups in the directory. Instead of manually having to add all users to groups in the directory you can create dynamic groups that automatically assign the users in…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Group Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Simplify E-Alert Subscriptions

The revised method for subscribing to content seems much less user friendly. I've revised the instructions I send to parents/students. However, I'm hoping you will add an easier method for doing this. Perhaps a screen that has a site-wide search box (like the previous version) AND a navigational tree beneath it?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  E-Alerts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Create SchoolWires Apps to edit on iPads and Smart Phones

Schoolwires needs to create an application so website editors can use their iPads and Smart Phones to upload and edit their website.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Site Workspace  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow for sending emails and "rolling back" accounts with the "Update Users" function.

In C1, we were able to update accounts and send out emails to those updated accounts by importing a .csv file. We could also take advantage of the "rollback" function to essentially "import/update" accounts that we want to delete and the roll them back so it removed them from the list of users.

In C2, it would be nice if the "Update Users" function would allow you to "Send Emails" or "Roll Back" imports to accomplish this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base