Web Community Manager (Websites)

My suggestion is...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Alt Text for Global Icons

We currently are working on bringing our website up to ADA compliance. I've run into quite a few items that I can't fix because they are embedded within the system. I don't want to list all of them here but one that I was hoping could be fixed sooner than later is the Global Icons. It would be helpful if you could add a spot for ALT text.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Templates & Styler  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow multiple files to be moved into file folders

You have the ability to delete multiple files, but not move multiple files into a file folder.

This would be VERY helpful!!!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sync Microsoft 365 School simular to the Google Suite

Many schools are 365 Schools. I would be helpful if the the websites could collaborate/sync with those on-line applications. i.e. Calendar, One Drive and the such.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow more than 50 images to be uploaded

Please allow more than 50 images to be uploaded at a time. Most of my photo galleries contain more than 50 images. This makes my job much more tedious. Please... This is what a cms is for to make life easier not harder.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Photo Gallery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Headlines & Features App - Add a "More..." link in the Teaser Text

Visitors may not realize they have to click on the headline or picture to view the entire news article in the Headlines & Features app. They may read the "Teaser Text" and think that's all the information there is. Adding a "More..." link and the end of the Teaser Text will prompt visitors to click and view the entire news article.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Headlines & Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Insert Table feature in Headlines & Features app

Add an Insert Table tool to the Headlines & Features app. Hope that is coming, since there is a new table editor when tables are inserted.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Headlines & Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make Apps Moveable

It would be really cool if I could move an App after I've created it from one page to any other page. I've got some apps that I've had to share with myself just so I could move 'em to another page on the site. Then, when I have to go update one of those apps I have to remember where I shared it from.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Apps/Modules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. merge cell option

For those of us who use a CMS for a reason- we don't know HTML- a "Merge Cell" please breing back the "Merge Cell" option!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to Save "Favorite" Locations that are Frequently Used in Calendar

The ability to save locations and address in the calendar app that you use frequently (ie. schools, district office) and then be able to select from them when creating a new event instead of having to type the info in each time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow File Library entries to point at URLs as well as Uploaded Files

I was going to move all of our District forms over to a File Library. I liked some aspects of the way it displays the information. However, some of our forms are now Online Forms, so unless there's an option to point towards an online form, I'm suck using a Content App.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sorting tables

When a long table is built (ie a table of a staff directory which can be hundreds of people) please make an app featuring alphabetical sorting for the columns of that table. I used jquery code in the past (http://tablesorter.com/docs/), but it no longer works since you "updated" the editor and the plugin code gets stripped out upon saving.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Photo editing tools available for images

Have photo editing tools available for photos inserted directly into the flex editor. The only editing tools we have access to are in the photo gallery. If you only want a single image, you do not want to get involved in a photo gallery. Simple rotation tools, cropping, and maybe some color adjustments, at the very least

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flex Editor  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Template Config Window is almost impossible to edit using a laptop or at certain screen resolutions

The form fields and area to edit, in the left column is so small and short that it is virtually impossible to edit on a laptop or a lower screen resolution. There should be a way to expand the editing area or pop it out so you can see and work in the config area on these smaller screen sizes.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Templates & Styler  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Announcement title - make it visible on page!

Teachers - and developers - and any contributor - expects "announcement title" to be a headline. WHY IS IT NOT? It's so weird. If it's not going to show up, why is it there? Make it an option at least. Too oddball that there is no pre-set, defined header. That means each author can choose different header settings and make announcements look like ****.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps/Modules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Update Staff Directory from Active Directory

Create a tool that allows us to automatically update the Staff Directory from Active Directory.

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Alt Text attached to images

Is it possible to have alt-text attached to the image, rather than the instance? For example, when inserting an image already uploaded, you have to insert alt-text again. This means that a shared image that was originally uploaded with correct alt-text for accessibility purposes can be altered to something that is not correct. Additionally, the original uploader should be able to access and edit the alt-text in Files and Folders. This is how it is done in applications such as Wordpress.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Editor window is extremely small in NPE for certain apps

In the New Page Experience using apps like article library, link library, and site shortcuts brings up a very tiny window on the right where the editing space is only about 4 inches by 4 inches. I'm getting complaints from every person I open the NPE up to that they can't see what they are doing and they can't enlarge that tiny window. Why is it so small??? Please make it work like the rest of the apps.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editor Layouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Import iCal, RSS, or Google Calendars into Upcoming Events app

Many school districts have multiple calendars at each school. It would be helpful if the Upcoming Events app had an option to select a Schoolwires calendar, existing iCal, RSS, or Google Calendar to pull event info. It would be even better if it could pull info from multiple existing calendars.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Upcoming Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Have option (check box) for placing Page name directly on page rather than using Heading App. I think it used to be there.

When I title a page, I want to be able to click a box that then makes the page name visible on the page. I don't want to have to add a heading app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Twitter Friendly URLs

The URLS on Bb sites are so looooooooong. Please make a tool to shorten URLs for easier use on social media like Twitter.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Link Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 6 8 10 68 69
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base