Mass Notifications

1. Allow search by District Administrators of all locations for phone and email

We often get asked to search for a phone or email for someone that says their getting notifications but "claim" they don't know which location. We have over 60 sites and would have to select each site individually to do the search. Would be much easier to have an "All" option so we can search all locations with one search.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Email open report

It would be useful for us to know our email open rates to track which messages are the most engaging

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. password generator

Update the Password generator to create more secure passwords.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow message to flow from blackboard to website blog app.

Each school site posts weekly messages to the website via the blog app. If we could get the message to load directly to that app, it would save several steps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow For A Default Message Category Other Than Miscellaneous

Allow a user to set their "Default Message Category" to something other than "Miscellaneous". This would be especially helpful for our Transportation Manager and her department, as all of them need to receive any bus related message that is sent. Currently, they must go into advanced options and change the message category for every message they send, which can be cumbersome or a step that gets left out in the moment.

This will also make certain features, such as "Receive all messages from the following categories:" more useful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Would like to be able to scan student ID's in the BBComm HQ app rather than have to type in the name.

This would be faster than typing in the name and could be used at school functions to check if student has poor grades or attendance and is not supposed to be at the activity.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. For groups generated by the system - please include the school name - for example - Grade 1 Students at LITTLE TOR ELEMENTARY

For groups generated by the system - please include the school name - for example - 12th Grade Students at LITTLE TOR ELEMENTARY. Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Need to be able to hide or edit app push notifications.

Need to be able to hide or edit app push notifications. Had a app push go out with several typos and we need to be able to either edit the post to correct the typos (subject and body) or hide it so a corrected post can be made.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Eliminate the pause

When people receive our calls, whether it is on a land line or cell phone, there is a long pause at the beginning of the message. I wish it could be eliminated. Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I am requesting a feature enhancement that I hope your system can include. One of the things I’d like to see available is to have a quicker

I am requesting a feature enhancement that I hope your system can include. One of the things I’d like to see available is to have a quicker way to delete accounts in mass. Right now, in the Accounts page, there is a drop down for Role and School. If I wanted to delete a particular role at a lot of schools, I would have to do each school one by one. If I could have a list of schools and check boxes that would be so much easier. That way I could select “Community Member”, and select all schools needing…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to determine line spacing

Currently we are not able to control the space between lines. It appears to default to 1.5 instead of single spacing. When developing letterhead, this makes the name, title and address too spread out.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow Standard Phone Call Footer Audio to Be Disabled

A few of our district departments need to use the calling system, but don't want the same standard call footer as the main district ('if you have any questions call ..."). They do not have the same number as the main district number and are not located in our building...it's very confusing when they send out calls for transportation or food service, and then people call our main office with follow up questions we can't answer. Note: this is NOT the same as the header/footer on outbound calling option that we always leave checked. It is the message hardwired into…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Report/Export of all delivery address with type

Need to be able to export all/any contact and all delivery address and the type of that address. Currently, we have several phone numbers that have been entered manually that are invalid. Our import updates the primary number, but we cannot track down manually entered delivery address.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Easy way to download audio from voice call

When building a message, it would be great if we could download the wav file after it's recorded (a download button next to the play audio button). Sometimes we need to send the wav file to other staff and there is no easy way to do this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Direct Call Lists with flex fileds.

I liked the way I could upload name,number, and other flex fields in connect 5. Would be nice if the new system did the same thing

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to Create Subcategories for Messaging

Provide way for each school to setup and maintain subcategories that parents or other community members can self-subscribe to. For example, HS Athletics Updates, HS Principal Newsletter, HS Class of 2018. This way the HS Athletics Director, Principal, or Class Advisor could send out email or text message updates targeted to the interested audience.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Eport Report of Contacts Made For Individual Message

Currently there does not appear to be a way to download a report of all contacts made for any particular message. To me, this seems to be a basic report type that should be included with any mass messaging system and was included in our SchoolMessenger system. Scenario - Superintendent asks for a report of all phone# and email addresses a message went to. How can this be provided through the BB system?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to set a default selection when selecting feeds for a broadcast preventing having to drill down each time

Currently, when sending a 'message' to the website the count for the
    feeds is 0 until you drill down and select the feed. We would like to see this option default to a specific selection instead of have to drill down twice and choose each time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add Data Merge Capabilities

We would like to be able to upload a CSV or Excel file to send out personalized emails.

For example, we do an annual survey for our employees to provide feedback on our school administrators. In order for employees to complete the survey, they need to sign into our survey using a code that is unique to each employee. If we could upload a CSV document that contained the employees' emails, names and access codes, then we could use a data merge feature to add fields within the email that would personalize the message on an individual basis thereby making…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Mass Notifications

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base