Mass Notifications

1. Hide Default Groups

Please hide your default role groups. They do not show correct populations. We've created our own groups and need your groups to be hidden. Thank you!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Making sure unsubscribed users receive emergency messages

Please add a function in the emergency mass notification so that even individuals who unsubscribe will receive emergency messages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Update address book nightly for messages created in advance.

Automatically update list of persons receiving messages when a message is created in advance. This past summer I created dozens of messages to be sent out throughout the year to find out that the school roster at that time are the only people that will receive my message. Anyone added late will not receive the message. Anyone unenrolled will still receive the message. Feel free to follow up with questions.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Search feature in Tip Manager

It would be great to be able to search for keywords, etc., within Tip Manager.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Academic Alert System

Early notification to alerts students to their unsatisfactory performance and provides them with ample time to improve their academic performance. The Alert can be used to send out calls when a student's average is below passing within a certain time frame.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Have someone from Blackboard Monitor, comment and follow-up on User Voice Suggestions

About 4 years ago, I used to see comments albeit very rarely from Blackboard developers. We are still always told that this is the place to make suggestions for bug fixes and enhancements to products. However, I do not see any feedback or acknowledgement that anyone ever sees or is reading any of these. If someone enters an idea that everyone thinks would be a great idea, but is just not possible, it would be nice for someone at Blackboard to say that with an explanation why and close the idea. I never see any status changes of anything in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Retain records for longer

I have concerns regarding OPRA requests and state statutes that ask us to retain records for 6 years. Only being able to go back 365 days prevents us from being able to look up something when needed that goes back beyond that time period. Being most of the data is text, why isn't this something that can be archived permanently or at least for a few years?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add Photos to top stories app without using WCM

Ive been told that the only way to have photos on the top stories of the app is to have them in the headlines and features app on your website. Im also told that needs to exist on the home page of our website.

This makes my website look hideous. There needs to be a better way.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add a "Are You Sure" button after you select for "Send"

To decrease the likelihood of sending the wrong message and to make sure the sender has reviewed all information, add another button after the send button to ensure the user is truly comfortable sending the message queued up in the system.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Change Push Notification icon in Mass Notifications

The phone icon for pushing messages to the app confuses users...they see phone and think text message and use the wrong mode by mistake. It would help eliminate confusion if the icon was changed to something that does not resemble a phone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to search sent message text in reports

I would like to be able to search for text in my sent message reports. For example, I wanted to see if anyone sent a message in the past for Special Ed. That would be a district-level call, and, if something like that even went out, it would be buried by other calls by now. I wish that I could enter "Special Ed" into a report search, like maybe in the Message Tracking report, and have it search the subjects, and maybe the text, of previously sent messages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Display Foreign language in lists as the common name not the actual language name

Can Foreign language lists show the actual name being filtered… ex. "Spanish Parents" instead of "espaniol Parents", "French Parents" instead "francias Parents", "Bosnian Parents" instead of "bosanski jezik Parents", etc. It is very confusing and will be difficult for schools to find people of a particular country. Also, can the group lists be upper case first letter so it is consistent and easier to read. Currently English is listed English, but all other languages the first letter is listed lowercase russion, francais, etc.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to search across all schools in Contact Report

I would like to be able to search across all of our schools, and our district, at once in the Contact Report. Right now, I can only search for district-sent calls, or for one school at a time.

Sometimes we get calls from someone who says they're getting calls from us. When I search for them in the account search, I don't always get a result, because maybe we already removed their number from whatever account it had been on.
    I want to search in the contacts report to see if we have ever called them, but it's not feasible…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Don't override nightly files, if the new file has errors.

If the nightly upload file has errors, don't upload it and wipe out the previous days account information. This is a SAFETY concern. If our school had an emergency and needed to send out an urgent message, but couldn't because the nightly upload was blank/had errors this wipes out all the parent/student account files and prevents us from sending a message quickly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Character Limits - Vietnamese Language

In BB MN when the language Vietnamese is turned on, the translation adds additional characters to the count with the translation which limits the message to a very small number of characters. Please expand the character limits for this Language. It is crucial that all our parents, regardless of language, receive the same brief message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Simplify the way messages are translated into languages other than English

When sending a message, a list of all possible languages and percentages appear under the Language option, even if none of the recipients of the message have that language entered. It's difficult for a person sending a message to know which languages are needed for that particular message, so they are required to manually select a long list of langauges to make sure they cover everyone. Some ideas on ways to fix this:

a. Add a "Select all" at the top of the Language list.

b. Create a default option at the district level that if a language other than…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow customers to edit the default 'unsubscribe from email' message

Our district sends messages from the district office about district-wide board meetings and events. Additionally, each school principal sends out parent communications weekly.

We find that parents unsubscribe from the district email not knowing that this means they're unsubscribing from their weekly school email.

We'd like the ability to modify the unsubscribe text to explain this detail.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Retain Content for Replacement Administrators

We have had turnover with building principals who have resigned to take positions in other school district. We did not realize we would lose their content and have been trying reinvent time sensitive blasts. Could you provide District Admins the ability to check a box to retain content if a staff member leaves the District. Also, if we could transfer the content to the replacement staff.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Percentage next to languages on messaging page

On the messaging page, there is a language tab. Next to the language's are the percentage of users with that language. I would like that percentage to change based on the recipients used in the message I am sending. Not on the users in the system.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Un-merge accounts

Our parent accounts are automatically merged together when a single parent is listed on multiple student records in our SIS. All too often, the wrong parents are being merged together, usually in cases of blended families.

We need the ability to un-merge a parent record. Until then, I have to have tech support un-merge every single instance.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Mass Notifications

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base