Mass Notifications

1. Allow more than 50 characters when you paste text into the "Text/SMS" box

When you paste text into the "Text/SMS" box it limits you to 50 characters instead of 140. If you manually type the text into the "Text/SMS" box it allows the full 140 characters. Please allow a full 140 characters whether you type text in or paste text into the box.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a "Are You Sure" button after you select for "Send"

To decrease the likelihood of sending the wrong message and to make sure the sender has reviewed all information, add another button after the send button to ensure the user is truly comfortable sending the message queued up in the system.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Reset bad-email counts

I'd like to reset the counts of bad emails etc. site- or district-wide. This would be helpful to get baseline vs. improvement data after a campaign to get parents to update their information. Or to correct the stats if a staff members e.g. accidentally sends an email message to a batch of users for whom email isn't active.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Filtering automated attendance emails by grade level

We have a school that serves middle school and high school students. The loss of credit emails need to be different for these 2 groups of students. Currently there is not a way for me to differentiate between the 2 groups. Adding a way to filter by grade level would solve this issue for us.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. No parent email

I would like a report for "student has ZERO valid email associated with them." Reports now are skewed negatively because it is geared towards the parent/guardian not the student. If a two parent/guardian household only list one parent's email, and the other parent chooses not to add theirs then the student is shown as not having an email. The percentage of reports of undelivered emails is extremely high when that is not the fact. Reports should be done per household, not individuals.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Update address book nightly for messages created in advance.

Automatically update list of persons receiving messages when a message is created in advance. This past summer I created dozens of messages to be sent out throughout the year to find out that the school roster at that time are the only people that will receive my message. Anyone added late will not receive the message. Anyone unenrolled will still receive the message. Feel free to follow up with questions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Update address book nightly for messages created in advance.

Automatically update list of persons receiving messages when a message is created in advance. This past summer I created dozens of messages to be sent out throughout the year to find out that the school roster at that time are the only people that will receive my message. Anyone added late will not receive the message. Anyone unenrolled will still receive the message. Feel free to follow up with questions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Calling report (to be called)

Currently you provide a "Contact report" which is given after calls are delivered up to between 45 min. and 55 min. after calls go out.

If we had a report of the "Calls to be made" report based on the information you sent to your vendor to make calls, this could be beneficial because it would give us, the schools, feed back much quicker if and what calls are being made for the day.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Emergency notifications stay active on website for 24 hours.

The messages delete at midnight, if we have a late night emergency this does not help the school or district.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Percentage next to languages on messaging page

On the messaging page, there is a language tab. Next to the language's are the percentage of users with that language. I would like that percentage to change based on the recipients used in the message I am sending. Not on the users in the system.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Reports for messages sent in multiple languages

It would be helpful for the message tracking report to include a breakdown by language. Currently, you are not able to filter delivered/not delivered messages by language. Everything is in one, vague report.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Export data from My Groups

Export a .CSV file from 'My Groups.' I would like the emails of all the English Parents and Spanish Parents. Same goes for students and staff. I would like the ability to export/download that data in a .csv file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Create group of emails that aren't part of our system

It would be great if I could create a group from a file without needing to create individual accounts for each person in the group first before adding them to the group.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Admin Messaging Report

Would like a report exactly like the Teacher Messaging report, but for Admin accounts. Currently, our PIO cannot tell how many messages she sent versus how many others have sent. It would be a good statistic report as well.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. We want ability to be able to retrieve all messages that have a particular subject. we would want to see the content, date sent who sent

We want ability to be able to retrieve all messages that have a particular subject. we would want to see the content, date sent who sent it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please Add 2 New Automated Message Types

Please add the following 2 new Automated Message Types: Cafeteria Low Balance and Cafeteria Negative Balance. Simi Valley Unified currently sends out Cafeteria Low Balance and Negative Balance messages which were created about 10 years ago in ParentLink. We would like to make changes to these automated messages but are unable to do so because Blackboard only has the one Automated Message Type: Cafeteria Balance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Export Capability for Custom Groups

I would like the ability to export contact information for custom groups created so that when a printed version is needed of the contact list it is readily available.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Parent Excused Absence System

I know that parents have the ability to respond to attendance phone calls to report their child's absence is excused and the reasoning, but that only works when a parent answers the live phone call. If it goes to voicemail, there is no way for the parent to be able to reply and report the excused absence. It would be great if there was a way the parent could either reply or go into some system that they could then submit that the absence is excused.

SchoolMessenger has a system called SafeArrival. It would be great if Blackboard did something…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Automated Message - Contact Report - Include Message Name

When sending the contact report, it would be helpful to include the Custom Message Name field. In my case, we are sending out Attendance messages at the 5, 10, 15 and 20 day threshold. However, when a contact report is sent to our Assistant principal it simply states Attendance.

It would be helpful to have the message name:
    5 Days Absent
    10 Days Absent
    etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Permission setting for 'Deliver to ALL recipient delivery addresses'

Add permission set for use of 'Deliver to ALL recipient delivery addresses' option in send message interface.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Mass Notifications

Feedback and Knowledge Base