Mass Notifications

1. Is there any way to send out unique files via email to parents?

For example, we have state test results parent reports that have the student ID number on them that we use WebEdge to post the file to. Is there any way send out unique documents to parents?

Thank you for connecting with Bb Comms Support, I understand that you Is there any way that we would be able to take a batch file of PDFs and send them out to people based on the ID in the documen.

I also put in a ticket and this was my response:

We currently have a way to send data specifically to students based…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improved contact options - Students Only & Parents and Students

There is a button we can use to contact 'Parents Only' while using a student list. Can you please add buttons for 'Students Only' and another for 'Students and Parents'? The current options are unclear, and the option for "Deliver to ALL addresses" does not in fact deliver to all associated addresses. I saw that there are related requests but they do not mention the Students Only option.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Deactivated phone numbers

We are having a lot of phone numbers being flagged and deactivated when actually they are the correct numbers. Then the worst part is the flags can't be cleared as a whole and I have to go in manually and clear each and every one. Please fix this...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Two-way SMS messaging

We would really like to have a two-way texting opportunity through the SMS feature in Mass Notifications. We have teachers/staff using numerous products on the market, and when the system is used in an emergency we have no centralization or ability to support schools with that comms channel. Please provide a way for two-way feedback to occur so that we can incorporate this functionality within the platform rather than utilize a different provider for this service.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. merge tags with sms

Please add the ability to use merge tags with sms messages. the ability to use custom tags along with the standard merge tags. thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Parent Report & Contact File Import

Please add the parent IDs and the student IDs to the Parent Report, and add the parent id as an option when importing a contact list file. This would help greatly with surveys - export file could be filtered to delete duplicates, then used to determine who responded and who didn't, and the survey results file could be compared to the original contact file to filter for just those who need to be sent the survey again.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Adding to emails "Having trouble? View as Webpage" or "Having trouble viewing this email? Click here"

Suggestion if parents have a consistent issue where the body of the email isn't visible. Many emails have a link at the top of the page which allows you to view the email in your web browser. Maybe BB can add so anyone who is having an issue viewing the email on their phone or browser could have an alternative way to view the message. It would be a good workaround for many email issues.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Confirmation on Messaging Students

When students are selected as recipients, have a confirmation step that requires the sender choose whether they want to send the message to the selected students, or to the student's parents, or both.

Users quite frequently forget to uncheck the "Deliver to parents of students" in the Advanced Options box, which causes their messages to students to only be delivered to parents.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow Longer Phone Recordings

Requesting that Mass Notifications allow longer phone recordings, especially during periods of crisis (like COVID-19) as, at times like these, there is often more information needing to be communicated than during non-crisis periods, and many of our parents do not have email accounts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Feedback - Allow Support Reps to Enter Feedback for Customers

Customer Support reps should be allowed to enter customer feedback tickets so the wording clearly describes the enhancement request/feedback the customer is requesting, in terms that Development will understand. It would save the customer time as well, as most often the customer has already described what they are looking for to the Support rep, and then they are referred to Feedback and have to decide the best wording to get their request across clearly/understood.

Once the Support rep has defined the request, they could have the customer review to make sure it is what they are requesting, or tag the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow each school to have separate delivery preferences for the Other category of messages by school not just for the whole county/system.

For instance if one school wants their "other" messages to go to mobile and primary number, they could have that without affecting any other school. The default option would be for everyone to just phone the primary number but specific schools could add mobile.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Show phone number in message tracking for calls to list of addresses

Currently, when viewing the message tracking report for a call to a list of addresses that was uploaded, no information is shown for the recipient. This means, I can see that some people did not receive our call, some maybe even have invalid phone numbers, but I can't see what number we had even tried to call to begin with.

Please put the address/number contacted into this report when it's from a File with Addresses.

Reproduction steps:
    1. Create a new message
    2. Add recipients "From a file with addresses"
    3. Send a call (or email?) to these recipients
    4.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Making sure unsubscribed users receive emergency messages

Please add a function in the emergency mass notification so that even individuals who unsubscribe will receive emergency messages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Have someone from Blackboard Monitor, comment and follow-up on User Voice Suggestions

About 4 years ago, I used to see comments albeit very rarely from Blackboard developers. We are still always told that this is the place to make suggestions for bug fixes and enhancements to products. However, I do not see any feedback or acknowledgement that anyone ever sees or is reading any of these. If someone enters an idea that everyone thinks would be a great idea, but is just not possible, it would be nice for someone at Blackboard to say that with an explanation why and close the idea. I never see any status changes of anything in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add Expire Option when setting On Screen Alerts

Please add an option to set expire date/time for on screen alerts. This is available on the website editing tool but not from bb Connect.

We don't always want onscreen alerts to expire at midnight the day we post them!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Retain records for longer

I have concerns regarding OPRA requests and state statutes that ask us to retain records for 6 years. Only being able to go back 365 days prevents us from being able to look up something when needed that goes back beyond that time period. Being most of the data is text, why isn't this something that can be archived permanently or at least for a few years?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please improve the method for adding individuals from outside the organization to a group.

Please improve the option of adding a member from outside the organization to a group.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add Photos to top stories app without using WCM

Ive been told that the only way to have photos on the top stories of the app is to have them in the headlines and features app on your website. Im also told that needs to exist on the home page of our website.

This makes my website look hideous. There needs to be a better way.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Change Push Notification icon in Mass Notifications

The phone icon for pushing messages to the app confuses users...they see phone and think text message and use the wrong mode by mistake. It would help eliminate confusion if the icon was changed to something that does not resemble a phone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to search sent message text in reports

I would like to be able to search for text in my sent message reports. For example, I wanted to see if anyone sent a message in the past for Special Ed. That would be a district-level call, and, if something like that even went out, it would be buried by other calls by now. I wish that I could enter "Special Ed" into a report search, like maybe in the Message Tracking report, and have it search the subjects, and maybe the text, of previously sent messages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Mass Notifications

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base