Mass Notifications

1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make all merge tag options available when creating a message in the library

Would like to be able to use some of the Grades, attendance and other merge tags when creating a message in the Library. Can ALL merge tags that are available be added to this group? For instance, I'm need to create a grades notification similar to the Grades Summary Message in the System Messages which we can't schedule or use but any of the grade specific merge tags aren't available when creating a message in the LIbrary

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ability to see history/proof that new login information has been generated and sent.

Right now, under contacts, you can see any message that goes to a user besides new login information that is generated. I understand that it is because all of those messages are able to be opened and tracked at a later date, but it would be nice to be able to see proof that a message actually was sent, and delivered to the end user, without the need to actually view what was sent.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to see history/proof that new login information has been generated and sent.

Right now, under contacts, you can see any message that goes to a user besides new login information that is generated. I understand that it is because all of those messages are able to be opened and tracked at a later date, but it would be nice to be able to see proof that a message actually was sent, and delivered to the end user, without the need to actually view what was sent.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Need to create a Public Group but only allow certain staff within the organization to use the group.

This is not currently an existing feature. I need to be able to create a public group but only want certain staff assigned to that organization to have access to the group. For example, our Security Department created a Public Group for Emergency Notifications. They are members of the District Organization which includes several other admin staff that SHOULD NOT have access to send to this group. We need to be able to restrict which staff at the District Organization can use this public group. Have several other examples where I have needed this also.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Mass Text - character count

When sending mass notifications text, it is very difficult to get your message in just 140 characters. A lot of my parents use just the text feature more than the other features.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Teacher Communications and Confidentiality

Right now, any teacher at a campus can go into their account and go to, "Other", and they can select to be cc'd on EVERYTHING that goes out at that campus. This creates a HUGE violation of confidentiality and violates FERPA laws. What one teacher sends out to and receives from a parent should not be available to other teachers in the building.Administrators and principals should be able to monitor their staff, but not teachers monitoring other teachers. We actually had a teacher check those not understanding and had 3 pages of messages on students not associated with her at…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. User Last Logged In Report

So I know that you can view which users have logged in or not, whether passwords were generated or not, etc., but I'd like to be able to run a report that incorporates the last time the user logged into the system. All I see is the ability to view the "Last Modified" date/time. Maybe just add it to the general staff report.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. System Message Preferred Language Options

So when creating a system message to be used for automated calls (attendance/lunch balance/etc.) if a parent/student has their preferred language different than English, it will send it in that other language. But for some reason, if you customize the message (email/call/etc.) it doesn't use your customized message, but rather the default Blackboard message (based on the message type you are sending).

I'd like to request either the option to choose to send to all recipients it in English, or if it's going to send in the other languages, have it actually use the customized messages that were created and…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow For A Default Message Category Other Than Miscellaneous

Allow a user to set their "Default Message Category" to something other than "Miscellaneous". This would be especially helpful for our Transportation Manager and her department, as all of them need to receive any bus related message that is sent. Currently, they must go into advanced options and change the message category for every message they send, which can be cumbersome or a step that gets left out in the moment.

This will also make certain features, such as "Receive all messages from the following categories:" more useful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Revise survey functionality

Separate the survey description from the first question in the survey. It is confusing for the end user.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Work on your email templates

Within email you have a handful of templates for newsletters, etc. They are not the most user friendly to customize. Once a user has gone to the trouble of customizing an email, provide them with a way to save it as a template. Additionally, create the functionality to revert sent messages into draft form so they can be used as a form of template- i.e. if someone else in my organization sent something, I can take it and reopen it as a draft in my email, and use all their same formatting/color choices, etc.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. For groups generated by the system - please include the school name - for example - Grade 1 Students at LITTLE TOR ELEMENTARY

For groups generated by the system - please include the school name - for example - 12th Grade Students at LITTLE TOR ELEMENTARY. Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When sending Text Messages from our school - Is it possible to have the School Name Identified instead of the 5 digit # in the text?

This is what we see:
    829-32
    Don't forget, the first day of school is tomorrow.

What I'd like to see:
    Sawyer Road Elementary
    Don't forget, the first day of school is tomorrow.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Email open report

It would be useful for us to know our email open rates to track which messages are the most engaging

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Enhanced Search Features (Mailing Address)

In previous versions of Blackboard's Mass Notification systems (Connect 5), we are able to search users/contacts by mailing address. Right now, it's only by name, phone or email address. It would be great if that was an option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Need to be able to hide or edit app push notifications.

Need to be able to hide or edit app push notifications. Had a app push go out with several typos and we need to be able to either edit the post to correct the typos (subject and body) or hide it so a corrected post can be made.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Eliminate the pause

When people receive our calls, whether it is on a land line or cell phone, there is a long pause at the beginning of the message. I wish it could be eliminated. Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I am requesting a feature enhancement that I hope your system can include. One of the things I’d like to see available is to have a quicker

I am requesting a feature enhancement that I hope your system can include. One of the things I’d like to see available is to have a quicker way to delete accounts in mass. Right now, in the Accounts page, there is a drop down for Role and School. If I wanted to delete a particular role at a lot of schools, I would have to do each school one by one. If I could have a list of schools and check boxes that would be so much easier. That way I could select “Community Member”, and select all schools needing…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Run Scheduled Import Tasks/Templates

It would be great if we could go in and run the Scheduled Import tasks/templates ourselves rather than having to call into tech support and request them to run it for us. There may be times (such as when severe weather is coming) when we need to update the information (student/contacts/staff information) that isn't during the normally scheduled import times.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Mass Notifications

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base