Mass Notifications

1. Would like group selected for scheduled messages to update with current data

We are setting up recurring messages for future activities and using the parents of students group for addressing them. BB Support said this does not update with the current group members and only sends notifications to records that were members at the time it was scheduled. Since we have students add and drop all the time, we need notifications to go to current members of that group.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the Notification Title to the Contacts Report

When data is exported from the "Contacts" tab for a user, the message field is missing. Since this states what the message was, it's important that this is available to us when we download the report. Currently the Recipient Name, Status, Date/Time, Destination and Sender are available. We also need to know if this was an attendance notification, cafeteria balance, PTA meeting message, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. password generator

Update the Password generator to create more secure passwords.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Embedding video in emails

We have many opportunities to communicate with our community through video, but would love to bring the power of those messages directly into email, rather than having to require readers to click once or twice to get to our message. Please make it happen!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Message Automatically Set to Send Now Change

In Connect 5, the user would have to set the date/time when they wanted the message to go out before sending it, but in the new system, it automatically set to go "Now". I know that it's a training issue, and probably created to eliminate that step, but if a user accidentally forgets to schedule the time, rather than "Now", then it already goes and the user usually doesn't have time to try and cancel it. Forcing the user to choose a time gives it a checks and balance when creating a message.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow message to flow from blackboard to website blog app.

Each school site posts weekly messages to the website via the blog app. If we could get the message to load directly to that app, it would save several steps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make the Custom Email Name and Email Address the default instead of user account name and email

Right now the default is the user account email and name. We can create a custom email name and email address, but cannot make that the default.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Tip Manager on the HQ App

I think adding the Tip Manager into the HQ app would be very helpful for school administrators to be able to catch wrong-doing or bullying at a moments notice. If a student submits a message through the Tip Line regarding bullying or a personal crisis (suicidal thoughts), campus admin only receive a text message with a very brief description. If it is over 85 characters, the message cuts off and says "Log into Blackboard for more info." Campus admin need to be aware of these issues as soon as possible. If they can get the entire issue with contact information…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It would be great if the system would save the recipient list in the draft section and not delete it

In the old system if I was interrupted creating a mass message I could go back in and finish it with the recipient list saved. I just put it in for our Honor roll and it was all deleted when I went back into the draft. As a school secretary I am constantly interrupted so this would be great to have this option again.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Would like to be able to scan student ID's in the BBComm HQ app rather than have to type in the name.

This would be faster than typing in the name and could be used at school functions to check if student has poor grades or attendance and is not supposed to be at the activity.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make all merge tag options available when creating a message in the library

Would like to be able to use some of the Grades, attendance and other merge tags when creating a message in the Library. Can ALL merge tags that are available be added to this group? For instance, I'm need to create a grades notification similar to the Grades Summary Message in the System Messages which we can't schedule or use but any of the grade specific merge tags aren't available when creating a message in the LIbrary

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to see history/proof that new login information has been generated and sent.

Right now, under contacts, you can see any message that goes to a user besides new login information that is generated. I understand that it is because all of those messages are able to be opened and tracked at a later date, but it would be nice to be able to see proof that a message actually was sent, and delivered to the end user, without the need to actually view what was sent.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to see history/proof that new login information has been generated and sent.

Right now, under contacts, you can see any message that goes to a user besides new login information that is generated. I understand that it is because all of those messages are able to be opened and tracked at a later date, but it would be nice to be able to see proof that a message actually was sent, and delivered to the end user, without the need to actually view what was sent.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Need to create a Public Group but only allow certain staff within the organization to use the group.

This is not currently an existing feature. I need to be able to create a public group but only want certain staff assigned to that organization to have access to the group. For example, our Security Department created a Public Group for Emergency Notifications. They are members of the District Organization which includes several other admin staff that SHOULD NOT have access to send to this group. We need to be able to restrict which staff at the District Organization can use this public group. Have several other examples where I have needed this also.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Mass Text - character count

When sending mass notifications text, it is very difficult to get your message in just 140 characters. A lot of my parents use just the text feature more than the other features.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Teacher Communications and Confidentiality

Right now, any teacher at a campus can go into their account and go to, "Other", and they can select to be cc'd on EVERYTHING that goes out at that campus. This creates a HUGE violation of confidentiality and violates FERPA laws. What one teacher sends out to and receives from a parent should not be available to other teachers in the building.Administrators and principals should be able to monitor their staff, but not teachers monitoring other teachers. We actually had a teacher check those not understanding and had 3 pages of messages on students not associated with her at…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. User Last Logged In Report

So I know that you can view which users have logged in or not, whether passwords were generated or not, etc., but I'd like to be able to run a report that incorporates the last time the user logged into the system. All I see is the ability to view the "Last Modified" date/time. Maybe just add it to the general staff report.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. System Message Preferred Language Options

So when creating a system message to be used for automated calls (attendance/lunch balance/etc.) if a parent/student has their preferred language different than English, it will send it in that other language. But for some reason, if you customize the message (email/call/etc.) it doesn't use your customized message, but rather the default Blackboard message (based on the message type you are sending).

I'd like to request either the option to choose to send to all recipients it in English, or if it's going to send in the other languages, have it actually use the customized messages that were created and…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Mass Notifications

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base