Mass Notifications

1. Percentage next to languages on messaging page

On the messaging page, there is a language tab. Next to the language's are the percentage of users with that language. I would like that percentage to change based on the recipients used in the message I am sending. Not on the users in the system.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Reports for messages sent in multiple languages

It would be helpful for the message tracking report to include a breakdown by language. Currently, you are not able to filter delivered/not delivered messages by language. Everything is in one, vague report.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Export data from My Groups

Export a .CSV file from 'My Groups.' I would like the emails of all the English Parents and Spanish Parents. Same goes for students and staff. I would like the ability to export/download that data in a .csv file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Create group of emails that aren't part of our system

It would be great if I could create a group from a file without needing to create individual accounts for each person in the group first before adding them to the group.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Admin Messaging Report

Would like a report exactly like the Teacher Messaging report, but for Admin accounts. Currently, our PIO cannot tell how many messages she sent versus how many others have sent. It would be a good statistic report as well.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. We want ability to be able to retrieve all messages that have a particular subject. we would want to see the content, date sent who sent

We want ability to be able to retrieve all messages that have a particular subject. we would want to see the content, date sent who sent it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please Add 2 New Automated Message Types

Please add the following 2 new Automated Message Types: Cafeteria Low Balance and Cafeteria Negative Balance. Simi Valley Unified currently sends out Cafeteria Low Balance and Negative Balance messages which were created about 10 years ago in ParentLink. We would like to make changes to these automated messages but are unable to do so because Blackboard only has the one Automated Message Type: Cafeteria Balance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Export Capability for Custom Groups

I would like the ability to export contact information for custom groups created so that when a printed version is needed of the contact list it is readily available.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Parent Excused Absence System

I know that parents have the ability to respond to attendance phone calls to report their child's absence is excused and the reasoning, but that only works when a parent answers the live phone call. If it goes to voicemail, there is no way for the parent to be able to reply and report the excused absence. It would be great if there was a way the parent could either reply or go into some system that they could then submit that the absence is excused.

SchoolMessenger has a system called SafeArrival. It would be great if Blackboard did something…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Automated Message - Contact Report - Include Message Name

When sending the contact report, it would be helpful to include the Custom Message Name field. In my case, we are sending out Attendance messages at the 5, 10, 15 and 20 day threshold. However, when a contact report is sent to our Assistant principal it simply states Attendance.

It would be helpful to have the message name:
    5 Days Absent
    10 Days Absent
    etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Permission setting for 'Deliver to ALL recipient delivery addresses'

Add permission set for use of 'Deliver to ALL recipient delivery addresses' option in send message interface.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. File import thresholds

Occasionally a zero-record input file is inadvertently generated and uploaded in the nightly feeds. Many vendors use import thresholds to prevent unwanted mass-removal of records in cases like this. I would like to see thresholds added to your import systems.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. TipLine Emails Broken when Adding Additional Email Addresses

There is an issue with the Tip Line(TL) notifications that just does not make sense and needs to be addressed for safety and ease of use reasons.

Currently the TL notification emails can be setup at the District level to go to specific addresses based on which category is chosen. This is wonderful and works perfectly.

THE PROBLEM TO BE ADDRESSED:
    If you enter at a School level the local parties that should get notifications of a TL submission it BREAKS the link with the District and only the local school addresses receive notifications. This is an undeniable FLAW that…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Advanced Options: Deliver to staff

Automated Messages: Allow delivery options for staff (particularly for Cafeteria Balance notifications)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. ability to insert links into text messages

I would like the ability to insert links into text messages. Currently we can copy the url and insert but it takes up too much character space. Our parents rely mostly on text messages from us. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. School Report to show admin accounts for each school

Currently, the School Report only shows the number of accounts per campus. I would like to see a list of each admin account per campus. A number is not helpful when I cannot see who has access and why. We have 48 campuses and 5,000+ employees.

Example: Our district does not use SSO, so our admin accounts are manually managed. I periodically verify with each campus to make sure that access is still needed. I have to go check each campus and select each role type (Attendance Secretary, School Administrator, Sender, etc.).

The School Report should export all admin accounts…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. email header

It would be great if all messages that came from our school had a "branded" (logo) in the header. Right now, the only standardization for messages is in the unsubscribe footer. It would be nice as an admin to customize the header for my users who are sending messages from BbComs. This way, all "official" messages from the school, would have an "official" look to them. I've created templates, but no one remembers to use them.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Messages Sent Ticker in Mass Notifications

Messages Sent Ticker in Mass Notifications shows overall messages sent for the district and not for each individual profile. The ticker should show messages sent per profile so as to not confuse the user and reflect accurate results.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Tip Line Needs Abiliy to Reply to Sender (maintaining anonymity)

I have posted this suggestion before but nothing has been done. This is a potentially life-and-death issue, as we discovered earlier this year. We must have the ability to respond to Tip Line posts, without compromising the poster's anonymity. Often, the posts do not contain enough information for administrators to act. We need the ability to request more information if needed. If a student is threatening to commit suicide, we need to ability to respond. If a tip mentions a threat of violence, but does not say when or where, we need the ability to request that information. Please fix…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. delivery preference defaults change tracking

Add the ability to track changes to the delivery preference defaults screen. This is located under settings, delivery preferences. We would like a report or something that tracks when a user makes a change and who made the change.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Mass Notifications

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base