Mass Notifications

1. Ability to search sent message text in reports

I would like to be able to search for text in my sent message reports. For example, I wanted to see if anyone sent a message in the past for Special Ed. That would be a district-level call, and, if something like that even went out, it would be buried by other calls by now. I wish that I could enter "Special Ed" into a report search, like maybe in the Message Tracking report, and have it search the subjects, and maybe the text, of previously sent messages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to search across all schools in Contact Report

I would like to be able to search across all of our schools, and our district, at once in the Contact Report. Right now, I can only search for district-sent calls, or for one school at a time.

Sometimes we get calls from someone who says they're getting calls from us. When I search for them in the account search, I don't always get a result, because maybe we already removed their number from whatever account it had been on.
    I want to search in the contacts report to see if we have ever called them, but it's not feasible…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Character Limits - Vietnamese Language

In BB MN when the language Vietnamese is turned on, the translation adds additional characters to the count with the translation which limits the message to a very small number of characters. Please expand the character limits for this Language. It is crucial that all our parents, regardless of language, receive the same brief message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Search feature in Tip Manager

It would be great to be able to search for keywords, etc., within Tip Manager.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Retain Content for Replacement Administrators

We have had turnover with building principals who have resigned to take positions in other school district. We did not realize we would lose their content and have been trying reinvent time sensitive blasts. Could you provide District Admins the ability to check a box to retain content if a staff member leaves the District. Also, if we could transfer the content to the replacement staff.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Academic Alert System

Early notification to alerts students to their unsatisfactory performance and provides them with ample time to improve their academic performance. The Alert can be used to send out calls when a student's average is below passing within a certain time frame.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Deactivated Phone #'s Update

We are having a lot of phone #'s coming back as deactivated when actually they are the correct number but the parent have changed providers,(example went from Verizon to Team Mobile) Looking into a way to re-activate in a mass or group. We shouldn't have to manually "activate" every phone number in the system that could get deactivated. Can a check be done when a call is made to the number to see if it's active again?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Help us more quickly get the message out about inclement weather

Please consider expanding the custom merge tag options so that we can quickly add the relevant date to pre-recorded messages about weather-related delays and closures. This would greatly expedite the time it takes to announce these schedule changes, especially when they must be made in more than one language.

Currently there is only one date-driven merge tag, and that is for the date on which the message is sent. If a weather message is sent the night before the date of the delay or closure, that tag is not usable.

Thank you for your consideration.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Assign Multiple Locations to 1 Account

Our District has some K-8 Schools, but they are separated within our SIS due to scheduling differences.

Due to this, currently the Principal/Office Manager/etc need to have 2 accounts in order to send messages out to their whole school.

It's already difficult enough to have Staff remember passwords for their main account, but also requiring them to remember a whole separate account is just unthinkable.

With the current required setup, this also doubles the work required to send out the same message to all their students and parents.

Reports practically become useless as it's not a whole "school overall view"…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Photos

Goal: Automate photo uploads
    Method:
    Create two folders on customer’s SFTP areaStudentPhotosStaffPhotosCustomer uploads photos (using existing filename conventions) to respective folderBlackBoard sweeps these folders daily.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Adding Lockers to BB Com HQ App

We would like to be able to view student locker information in the mobile app. Right now we have our import customized to accept locker numbers and locations for students, and this information shows up when accessing ParentLink through a web browser. However, the locker info does not show up in the BB Comm HQ App. We have been told that we can do a 1-time manual update that will cause the locker information to show up in the app, but that it cannot be done automatically with the nightly sync with our SIS. We would like it to work…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Integration with Alertus

Please offer Parent Link integration with ALERTUS desktop notifications. This feature is already available for the Blackboard Connect product.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Create a status page that shows pending issues, and bugs.

Blackboard needs to create a status page for pending bugs. This way when we are having an issue we can refer to that page instead of thinking the issue is on us.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. would like an enhancement request regradingf the two types of Emergency Calls: Before & After Hours and During School Day

Messaging request: I would like an enhancement request regrading the two types of Emergency Calls: Before & After Hours and During School Day.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add smart plural to automated attendance merge tags

I'm trying to construct a message that tells parents how many classes their student was absent for today.

I can't list out which periods they missed, but I can list the NUM_VIOLATIONS. However, there's no way to put a smart plural with that, like "1 absence" vs. "2 absences," or "1 class" vs "2 classes."

The ATTEND_SUMMARY does not work for us, because when they miss only one class, it just says "an absence," implying to parents that their student missed the entire day.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Don't override nightly files, if the new file has errors.

If the nightly upload file has errors, don't upload it and wipe out the previous days account information. This is a SAFETY concern. If our school had an emergency and needed to send out an urgent message, but couldn't because the nightly upload was blank/had errors this wipes out all the parent/student account files and prevents us from sending a message quickly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability for opt-outs to apply district-wide, not just at the school level

Currently, when parents request to opt out in response to a school call, it only opts them out from that school, rather than our entire district. Currently, staff with access at the school level who try to opt out a number can only opt parents out from their school's calls, rather than all district calls.

We should be able to choose if we want opt-outs to apply for a single school or the entire district. That could be a setting for our account, or an option users choose when opting out each number. School staff should be able to opt…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Un-merge accounts

Our parent accounts are automatically merged together when a single parent is listed on multiple student records in our SIS. All too often, the wrong parents are being merged together, usually in cases of blended families.

We need the ability to un-merge a parent record. Until then, I have to have tech support un-merge every single instance.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Mass Notifications

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base