Mass Notifications

My suggestion is...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Editing a message after it has been scheduled

After scheduling a message it would be nice to be able edit the message rather then having to cancel it and reload it from the saved messages.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When sending Text Messages from our school - Is it possible to have the School Name Identified instead of the 5 digit # in the text?

This is what we see:
    829-32
    Don't forget, the first day of school is tomorrow.

What I'd like to see:
    Sawyer Road Elementary
    Don't forget, the first day of school is tomorrow.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. smore extend access to Principal & Attendance Secretary

Smore is a great add but Principals & Attendance Secretaries are the ones that do most of School communication, it needs to be turned on for those roles as well

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Increase Text Character limit in ParentLink

We used to use Connect 5 & moved to Parentlink Connect 5i...for SMSText, C5 allowed 300 chrctrs and C5i only allows 140 chrctrs.

It would be great to be have the ability to increase limit for our District OR, allow the user to type in more than 140 chrctrs and let the system break up the msg into 2 msgs -- just like the Iphone does...thanks

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Advanced Options: Deliver to Students AND their Parents

When we have a specific group of students that we want to send both they and their parents a message, we send it to the students first and then make a copy, choose the students as recipients again and click the Advanced Option "Deliver to Students of Parents" (which then doesn't send the message to the students at all. Would be helpful if we could send to these students and their parents with another option "Deliver to Students and their Parents"

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow the translation of languages to be over the 1,000 character count.

We are running into problems with Spanish messages getting cut off and having to edit the English to get them down in size.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Mass Text - character count

When sending mass notifications text, it is very difficult to get your message in just 140 characters. A lot of my parents use just the text feature more than the other features.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make the checkbox in Messages > App Push default so that "Recipients only" is checked.

Hello! The feature that we would like to see is:

When in Blackboard > Messages, if one selects the App to push the message out to, we must remember to check the box down at the bottom that says “Recipients only”. If we do not check this box, the app push notification will go to everyone in the district who has the Katy OnTheGo app -- not just the intended recipients selected in the “Recipients” area of Messages. We would really like to have that box default so that it is automatically checked.

Please let me know if you have…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add expiration date field for On Screen Alerts

When using the Website and Alert messaging modes that integrate with the website (On Screen Alerts) it would be nice to have an expiration date field available. This way the administrator only needs to send the message once and doesn't need to remember to login to website Site Manager to expire it.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Change Facebook posting ability to be able to add multiple pics/files

Currently, you can add multiple pics/files for email, text, mobile app, and twitter... but not Facebook. My users post multiple pics the majority of the time so it is VERY inconvenient for them to have to post to Facebook seperately.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make the Custom Email Name and Email Address the default instead of user account name and email

Right now the default is the user account email and name. We can create a custom email name and email address, but cannot make that the default.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be great if the system would save the recipient list in the draft section and not delete it

In the old system if I was interrupted creating a mass message I could go back in and finish it with the recipient list saved. I just put it in for our Honor roll and it was all deleted when I went back into the draft. As a school secretary I am constantly interrupted so this would be great to have this option again.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Work on your email templates

Within email you have a handful of templates for newsletters, etc. They are not the most user friendly to customize. Once a user has gone to the trouble of customizing an email, provide them with a way to save it as a template. Additionally, create the functionality to revert sent messages into draft form so they can be used as a form of template- i.e. if someone else in my organization sent something, I can take it and reopen it as a draft in my email, and use all their same formatting/color choices, etc.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Simplify selecting particular recipients for a message (bring back the good ol' all-students-on-one-page view)

The new system by which one sends a message to selected parents is far less user-friendly than the previous system. More efficient was the procedure of merely checking off the names of students, all of whose names were visible on one page per class.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make all merge tag options available when creating a message in the library

Would like to be able to use some of the Grades, attendance and other merge tags when creating a message in the Library. Can ALL merge tags that are available be added to this group? For instance, I'm need to create a grades notification similar to the Grades Summary Message in the System Messages which we can't schedule or use but any of the grade specific merge tags aren't available when creating a message in the LIbrary

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Headlines & Announcements

Critical: Adding the capability to add Hyperlinks in the Headlines & Announcements

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Editing Content/Title of Messages

I set up notices to go out on a daily basis and schedule them every day for a two week period. I would like the ability to go in and edit the message, in case there is a change and to be able to edit the title of the message. It makes it time consuming and difficult to go and cancel a series of messages and have to re-do them. Thank you for you consideration.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow scheduled attendance calls to be rescheduled to a later time

It would be nice to be able to set a new time for the daily attendance calls. This is particularly useful on days when school is delayed for various reasons. Right now it requires disabling the job in BB Connect, re-enabling it and then sending a message to support to have it run. This creates the opportunity for error if someone forgets to enable the job or the email doesn't get through to support in time. This is a real problem for us.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Mass Notifications

Feedback and Knowledge Base