Mass Notifications

1. Automated Messages: Allow automated phone calls come from a selected organization

Automated messages now come from a student's organization even if you change a sender field to by an actual user instead of the "applied organization". It would be great to be able to send automated messages from a selected organization. For example, our lunch balance message needs to come from our student nutrition central office because they handle all inquiries and payments. Currently we are not able to send automatic lunch balance notifications because they come with a school caller id.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Save drafts on mobile HQ app

There should be a save as draft option in the Mobile HQ app for mass notifications. If you back out it only offers to discard changes. Please fix.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Preserve HTML coding in BbComms messages that are cross-posted to WCM.

Our schools use BbComms (Parentlink) to send a daily announcement email that they also cross-post to WCM (their website) through the BbComms management site. The WCM system seems to strip out all HTML coding of their message so that things like paragraph spacing and URLs are not preserved in the message when it goes on the website. I'd like to recommend that you find a way to preserve that HTML code so that the website message looks the same as it does in BbComms.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add staff email access to teachers in messaging

Because we are suggesting that teachers use Teacher messaging as a first contact (for reporting purposes), we have to manually create separate groups for teachers to use in order to copy other staff on emails to parents (ex: support staff, principals). Please add the ability for teachers to access to add staff emails as recipients to outgoing emails.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option for mass removal of accounts

Currently, mass removal of accounts is not available. You have to it by each school and role type. I would like there to be an option to mass remove accounts.

This will help out with large Districts that have lots of accounts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. User Accounts That Requires Approval To Send

I would like to allow a temp employee to set up postings to our Facebook and Twitter feeds that require admin approval before going out.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow rich text formatting for posting to website!

it seems like allowing us to post to the website via BB Comm but not allowing any formatting is pretty pointless. At the very least we need to be able to use bold to create a heading on an announcement app!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Translation services go crazy once you reach a certain number of characters in the field. Please fix.

When creating a message / email to a group of people, the translations, especially for Spanish, go crazy once you reach a certain number of characters and translate incorrectly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It would be great to see a Video tutorial on how to use the Admin BB CommHQ App

This will serve as a great reference for new administrators who are new to the mobile app

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Teacher messaging - direct enter functionality

Our teachers need the ability to direct enter e-mail addresses or SMS numbers (typed in the recipients box) when working in Blackboard Connect / Teacher Reach. By limiting their messages to ONLY their students, they cannot even cc themselves! (Our principals and teachers often add themselves, a colleague, or a supervisor to a message so that they can see that it went out, refer back to it if they get questions, etc.)

Our teachers communicate with colleagues all day long -- to not be able to include others on their Blackboard messages (the way we can at the administrative level)…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Report by Notification Type

I would love to see a report that shows which type of notifications the schools are utilizing. That way if a school is using phone calls too often, and not using emails, I can work with that campus to lessen the amount of calls. Right now I have to go campus by campus under Message Tracking. But it would be great to have that data compiled into a report that shows statistics.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Extra Data Fields

Our district would like more data fields to choose from when pulling reports for parents, students, etc.

For example - I was looking for a report that I can pull for a count on preferred languages - How many parents are Spanish, French, etc speakers in our district. This would help us customize our notifications by language.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Record time increase and Email character increase

Is there a possibility for BB to increase the recording time message to 5 minutes and text to speech more than 1000 characters?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow the translation of languages to be over the 1,000 character count.

We are running into problems with Spanish messages getting cut off and having to edit the English to get them down in size.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Editing Content/Title of Messages

I set up notices to go out on a daily basis and schedule them every day for a two week period. I would like the ability to go in and edit the message, in case there is a change and to be able to edit the title of the message. It makes it time consuming and difficult to go and cancel a series of messages and have to re-do them. Thank you for you consideration.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Editing a message after it has been scheduled

After scheduling a message it would be nice to be able edit the message rather then having to cancel it and reload it from the saved messages.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Select More than One school when delete accounts

We are a large district. And when it becomes necessary to delete accounts, it is very time consuming to go school by school, role by role. We have 50+ schools, and if needing to delete teachers, students, parents, as you can see that is very time consuming to go thru each. Need a method to say select multiple schools and delete all students, or delete all teachers, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow scheduled attendance calls to be rescheduled to a later time

It would be nice to be able to set a new time for the daily attendance calls. This is particularly useful on days when school is delayed for various reasons. Right now it requires disabling the job in BB Connect, re-enabling it and then sending a message to support to have it run. This creates the opportunity for error if someone forgets to enable the job or the email doesn't get through to support in time. This is a real problem for us.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. STAFF Report

I would like to be able run a staff report showing which accounts were manually added. Currently we have staff in multiple roles. Since they only have one account in our SIS, only one role is created through the upload process. If we create a manual account, I need to be able to have a report that tells me which accounts were entered manually for yearly updating in or to keep our system up to date.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Increase Text Character limit in ParentLink

We used to use Connect 5 & moved to Parentlink Connect 5i...for SMSText, C5 allowed 300 chrctrs and C5i only allows 140 chrctrs.

It would be great to be have the ability to increase limit for our District OR, allow the user to type in more than 140 chrctrs and let the system break up the msg into 2 msgs -- just like the Iphone does...thanks

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Mass Notifications

Feedback and Knowledge Base