Mass Notifications

My suggestion is...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. STAFF Report

I would like to be able run a staff report showing which accounts were manually added. Currently we have staff in multiple roles. Since they only have one account in our SIS, only one role is created through the upload process. If we create a manual account, I need to be able to have a report that tells me which accounts were entered manually for yearly updating in or to keep our system up to date.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Increase Text Character limit in ParentLink

We used to use Connect 5 & moved to Parentlink Connect 5i...for SMSText, C5 allowed 300 chrctrs and C5i only allows 140 chrctrs.

It would be great to be have the ability to increase limit for our District OR, allow the user to type in more than 140 chrctrs and let the system break up the msg into 2 msgs -- just like the Iphone does...thanks

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Responsive Images in Messaging

We like to include images with our notifications and we have received several complaints that they are not responsive. We would love to see this feature added to ParentLink!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When sending Text Messages from our school - Is it possible to have the School Name Identified instead of the 5 digit # in the text?

This is what we see:
    829-32
    Don't forget, the first day of school is tomorrow.

What I'd like to see:
    Sawyer Road Elementary
    Don't forget, the first day of school is tomorrow.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Printing a new private group once it has been created.

It would be incredibly helpful to be able to print a group, so we can have someone besides the person creating the group, cross checking the list to make sure that only those students who are supposed to be in the group are on the list. Some of the emails we send out HAVE to be exact, such as award recipients. We do not want a student showing up for an award that is not receiving one because we entered the wrong student onto the list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Mass Text - character count

When sending mass notifications text, it is very difficult to get your message in just 140 characters. A lot of my parents use just the text feature more than the other features.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It would be great to add a separate category for delays and cancellations separate from Emergency and Other.

Parents complain that for delays and cancellations they would like a text, but for other messages (e.g. weekly emails, they want emails, not texts). They don't want it under Emergency because this contacts all of their numbers. Please consider adding this category.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Save call in code in drafts so that code does not change after logging out.

Currently a user must be logged in to have a new code generated to be able to call into the system. If a draft message was saved with a call in code, this would allow users to share the code with another user without having to worry about being timed out before the call is recorded.

Our admin assistants often set up calls for administrators who are on the go, and would like to be able to share the code with another user to record on their own time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Need to bring back the [period] merge tag for attendance messages.

As of right now when an attendance message goes out to parents there is not a merge tag to let parents know what period their student was absent from. I think inserting a period merge tag would be beneficial so when a student only misses 1 or 2 periods it does not give the impression to the parent that their student has an all day absence.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Opt Out Reports

More detailed reports. Such as an extract that displays what schools or division announcements they have opted out of. The only way is to type a number in the opt out screen. Also, opt outs are at a school level only when in fact they may have opted out of a division call and not a school message.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Actually track engagement with your engagement platform

Would really be great if the engagement platform actually tracked engagement. Delivery means nothing. Need to know if a message was actually viewed. Other platforms achieve this by adding an image or some other content to emails directly that trigger a view when accessed. Surprised the BB doesn't do this. Could also be used to track device type/app usage - both also important engagement metrics.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make the Custom Email Name and Email Address the default instead of user account name and email

Right now the default is the user account email and name. We can create a custom email name and email address, but cannot make that the default.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be great if the system would save the recipient list in the draft section and not delete it

In the old system if I was interrupted creating a mass message I could go back in and finish it with the recipient list saved. I just put it in for our Honor roll and it was all deleted when I went back into the draft. As a school secretary I am constantly interrupted so this would be great to have this option again.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make all merge tag options available when creating a message in the library

Would like to be able to use some of the Grades, attendance and other merge tags when creating a message in the Library. Can ALL merge tags that are available be added to this group? For instance, I'm need to create a grades notification similar to the Grades Summary Message in the System Messages which we can't schedule or use but any of the grade specific merge tags aren't available when creating a message in the LIbrary

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Tip Manager on the HQ App

I think adding the Tip Manager into the HQ app would be very helpful for school administrators to be able to catch wrong-doing or bullying at a moments notice. If a student submits a message through the Tip Line regarding bullying or a personal crisis (suicidal thoughts), campus admin only receive a text message with a very brief description. If it is over 85 characters, the message cuts off and says "Log into Blackboard for more info." Campus admin need to be aware of these issues as soon as possible. If they can get the entire issue with contact information…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow users with the role of "School administrator" or "Principal" to add Onscreen Alerts to their own website via Mass Messenger

Currently District Administrators over both Mass Messenger and Web Community Manager are the only users that can post an on-screen message to the websites. With that said, any usertype that has been setup with the UNAV feature in Mass Messenger can see the ICON in the C.O.P.E interface, but will get an error if trying to use it. My suggestion is to Allow user types of "School Administrator or "Principal" to post on-screen alerts via the Mass messaging system to just their subsite.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Editable Widget for Email Sign Up

Make it possible to edit the Widget that we post on our website to allow community members to sign up for notifications. The size of the widget doesn't sit right on the page, and we don't want to allow community members to have options of which schools to sign up for - only the district.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Need to create a Public Group but only allow certain staff within the organization to use the group.

This is not currently an existing feature. I need to be able to create a public group but only want certain staff assigned to that organization to have access to the group. For example, our Security Department created a Public Group for Emergency Notifications. They are members of the District Organization which includes several other admin staff that SHOULD NOT have access to send to this group. We need to be able to restrict which staff at the District Organization can use this public group. Have several other examples where I have needed this also.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Mass Notifications

Feedback and Knowledge Base